Aaron Carter:

I NEVER Said

MJ Gave Me Coke!!!

7/1/2011 11:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Aaron Carter's rep claims the singer NEVER told an entertainment reporter Michael Jackson gave him cocaine and alcohol when he was 15 years old ... and says the reporter COMPLETELY FABRICATED the story.

0701_aaron_mj_EX
The controversy stems from an article that ran in OK! Magazine in Australia, written by international journalist Daphne Barak. In the article, Carter was quoted as saying, "Yes, [MJ] gave me wine. I mean, I could have refused, but I was 15. As for drugs? He gave me cocaine."

But Carter's rep tells TMZ, "Nothing was said that was reported" ... and directed us toward a YouTube video of the interview with Barak ... which seems to back up Aaron's side of the story.

UPDATE: A rep for Barak tells TMZ, "Aaron Carter told Daphne Barak in his lengthy interview in Spain, that Michael Jackson gave him alcohol and cocaine while he was 15. He also said that Michael invited him to sleep in his room, and when Aaron woke up at 5:00 AM, he found Michael on his bed."

lovemj

Phantom of the Opera, good to see you. The last couple of threads I read, I didn't see you _ maybe I just didn't read far enough, but anyway, I missed you:-]

when are these ppl going to live on their own merit. all these years and everyone is still trying to get a life by riding MJs accomplishments. and I'm talking about the ones trying to get dirt - ****, don't you have anything else to talk about? hell, you couldn't prove he was into damn boys then, so why the hell you think you're going to prove it now! and these damn young men that the journalist talk to; don't they have any pride? shet, if someone interviews me, i want it to be about me - i'd be offended if all they wanted to say to me was whether or not i got PUNKed 10 or 15 years ago. DAMN

Blanket

yet again, the media plays its part!

Sunshine

Aha that's why the poor kid ended up so messed up.
Sad another victim.

Kardashian H8R

I didn't sat coke I said ******* !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damitajo_chick

Kids, meet Justin Bieber in 6 years.

mj fan forever

ANYWAY HE LIED ABOUT THE DRINKS SO IT HAS BEEN SO EASY FOR BITCH BARAK TO TWIST HIS TRASH STORY!!!!!!! MICHAEL JACKSON WAS TOTALLY AGAINST ALCOHOL AS THE DRUGS!!!! AARON CARTER IS IN ANY CASE A DIRTY LIAR WHO MADE THAT INTERVIEW FOR MONEY SO HE COULD BEING ALL OVER THE PAPERS AS IT HAPPENED!!! I'M REALLY DISGUSTED BY ALL THESE PEOPLE!!!!!

Master Po

Keep ignoring that he says that he seen other children drunk rabids.

Della

Original story took wings and went viral. Therefore the damage is done. Media lies and distortion. If you listen to the taped interview with Aaron and Daphne, you can barely hear her questions to him. Also, he IMPLIES that MJ COULD HAVE been doing drugs out of his presence but never says that Michael gave him drugs.

He could have publicly denied it himself instead of through his reps and stood up. He didn't. After the retraction was printed, it was a little late, the media's damage was done. This story from TMZ is a day late and a dollar short.

It should never have gotten this far. What was the purpose of Aaron speaking about his friendship with Michael in the first place. The magazine that Daphne works for is a tabloid rag, that is known for printing trash and half truths. Think about the story it printed about Grace pumping Michael's stomach. After the damage was done, it was too late to correct it. The story was already printed.
Once its repeated, it has gathered steam and it's done what it was supposed to do.
The song money sums it up: People will lie for it... anything for money.
All Michael ever really wanted was to be seen as a person, as Michael, not someone to be divvied up and taken apart by the media, the public.
I think whoever said it once, he was murdered, maybe by the hand of Dr. Murray, but a long time ago by the paparrazzi and a willing public who bought into the crap fed to it by tabloids and the unscrupulous people who work for them. He was killed by many years ago by the first one who told the first lie about him.

Della

The video is bad quality. I don't know who posted it and there is a woman who keeps saying something throughout the video about its a demo. Turn up your speakers and listen. He IMPLIES MJ could have been doing drugs...but he never says that MJ GAVE HIM DRUGS..

deborah mcdermott

ms. barak, shame on you for making up stories. mj was right the media was out to destroy him. some people really believe what the media and this journalist, barak, says, when it is so not true. that's why there are haters of mj out there who believe this crap. michael jackson you are my hero, you were innocent all along.

gayforliztaylor

no male fan ignored mj.
miss/mr. superstar was very motherly with her/his high-pitched comforting voice. the milk and cookies, feminine home, and girly mj clothes were irresistable treats.

AJ

I don't believe a word Aaron Carter said. The only way I will believe him is if he sues (and wins) the reporter and the tabloid. I hope he is telling the truth, but if he doesn't sue he has no credibility.