« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobayashi INHALES 69 Hot Dogs -- The VIDEO!

7/5/2011 7:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Takeru Kobayashi DESTROYED 69 hot dogs in 10 minutes yesterday ... smashing his own world record in an UNOFFICIAL speed eating display ... and igniting a HUGE controversy in the process!070511_kobiyashi_v3_still

TMZ obtained footage of Kobayashi's UNBELIEVABLE feat ... which he accomplished on a Manhattan rooftop ... miles from the OFFICIAL Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Championship at Coney Island. TK wasn't allowed to compete at the Coney Island eat-off because he wouldn't sign a contract with Major League Eating.

So, in protest ... Kobayashi did his own thing. Of course, Joey Chestnut won the Nathan's title with 62 dogs ... but Kobayashi put down 69!!!!!!

Chestnut later remarked, "It wasn't a competition ... It was no different than what I do at practice on my own and I'm able to break a record at my house."

So, we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Josh

I bet Chestnutt and Kobashi go down on each other outside of competition. What choads!

Shanky Dog

Once again America wont get to see the two best go at it head to head in their prime. It kind of reminds me of boxing!

travcm

Wow, a lot of morons acting like this has anything to do with world hunger. It's not like these hot dogs would be on a plane to Africa if they weren't consuming them. While you are taking your 15 minute showers or watering your lawn realize that wasting water has more of an effect on hunger than munching down hot dogs.

Josh

I got a hotdog with mayo for you Chestnutt.

sdfsdfasdfsdf

score counter was lost. it could have been anywhere from 60-80.

Gary

Kobayashi has no balls, those hotdogs look much smaller than nathans' famous, and of course the counter lost track with all the buns and hotdog pieces falling on the floor.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5