« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hines Ward Police Report -- 'Strong Odor' of Alcohol

7/11/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hines Ward blew a .128 early Saturday morning -- and officers noticed "a strong odor" of alcohol coming from him, a flush face, and blood shot eyes ... this according to the police report.

Hines Ward Mug Shot

According to the DeKalb County Police report, the officer spotted Ward's Aston Martin driving erratically -- which Ward told the officer was because he had dropped his phone.

An officer gave Hines a "follow my finger" field sobriety test -- during which the officer says Ward lacked "smooth pursuit" and suffered from nystagmus (fancy word for involuntary eye movement).

The officer says Ward also had a hard time keeping his balance during a "walk and turn evaluation."

The report says Ward agreed to take a breathalyzer ... blew .128 -- the legal limit is .08 -- and was arrested for DUI. DeKalb authorities tell us the .128 was an unofficial reading that is not admissible in court -- and Ward refused to take a second, official test.

According to the report, Ward admitted drinking 2 Coronas ... three hours before he was pulled over -- however, he maintains he was not drunk at the time of his arrest.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

LEGAL LIMIT .08

THIS IDIOTS READING .128

THATS DRUNK TO ME AND THE LAW.......

anony

THAT'S going to be hard to beat in court....

Sara B.

The numbers don't lie Hines!! .128 - you could have killed soemone else or yourself! I have to say it's nice to see a pic of him without his cheesy smile!

RonBurgundy

.128....Drunk? Possibly

Impaired? DEFINITELY!!!!!

Steelers have women beaters and drunks on their team...Nice group of losers in Pittsburgh...

...and I repeat Steeler fans are the ugliest on the planet. This can be proven.

feebee

Nobody is ever going to admit they feel drunk after two beers...
but the .128 tells a different story.

Muppet

I thought I read in earlier reports that he refused a breahalyser???

janet

OOPS.

IN MY OPINION

I hope he took a blood test in addition to the field test and breathalyzer.

TROY

That's a really nice car he drives. I saw him a week early at Best Buy in Ga. The road he was going down that night is going toward his home. I hope he gets some help.

Violette-Blue

Oh what a shame. I like Hines. Get it together. This is his second time, or maybe his third time, being pulled over for DUI. If you're going to drink any type of alcohol get a designated driver or take a cab. You will be saving your life as well as others.

Stella

loser......and they always admit to having "just 2 drinks, hours before"...oh, and the Steelers and their fans SUCK.

john5oregon

I don't know why, but I believe him. He's never given anyone a reason not to trust him...but you can't get around the breathalyzer results, unless they were a false-positive.

On the other hand, he may not feel the effects of a few beers, but it's still in your system.

Good luck getting this one sorted out!

janet

First of all how stupid are these people. Aston Martin!!! right off the bat BIG TIME BULLSEYE TARGET. Like that won't stand out.

You wan't to go out take an everyday car. Don't get drunk, but don't give the police a reason to pull you over.

Paul

Well, it looks like they brought down the hammer on Hines and he got busted. The reading, if correct, proves that he was under the influence of alcohol. And here I thought this guy was someone special...

lalaland

So disappointing. Just the other day I commented to a friend about Hines in that it's so nice to see a professional athlete that's a good role model.
So much for that.