Gavin DeGraw

Hospitalized After Brutal Attack

8/8/2011 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gavin DeGraw AttackedSinger Gavin DeGraw was hospitalized after he was viciously assaulted by multiple attackers late Sunday night in New York City ... TMZ has learned.

A source close to Gavin tells TMZ the singer -- who lives in New York City -- was outnumbered by several people during the attack.

Gavin's rep says he is still under observation at Bellevue Hospital tonight ... but would not be specific about his injuries.

Gavin has been touring with Train and Maroon 5 ... and their next stop was scheduled for Tuesday night in Saratoga Springs, NY.

Story developing ...

Gavin DeGraw Attack

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Meanie

The world has gone nuts. Maybe it's time for public floggin for these decrepit dregs who go round kicking the **** out of innocent people.

Holli~Peno

i know,who is this guy??

juggaloszuch

Awwwww...someone beat up some douchebag lookin guy that makes music no one has heard of....I'm guessing the hat gave him away as a hipster....Gavin Degraw likes concussions and severe beatings...but he's so hipster, you've probably never heard of them...lmao

mary

Who is he????? Oh, you poor dear..... google him - he is a great musician... Why bother commenting if you have no idea who he is????

Dee

I smell a hate crime

tenley

You jerks, you've all heard his music. How awful.

MsMaribel

Oh Well - you're being extremly inappropiate - Love My Fans & Holli~Peno it clearly says in the article - SINGER Jason Mraz

Cujeaux

Is he another AI casualty?

Franko

No idea who he is but none deserves to be brutally attacked. My heart goes out to him and his family.

C

He did the theme song to One Tree Hill....."I Don't Wanna Be".....he also had the song "Chariot"....so sad.... :(

Bobby

Very talented singer/songwriter in the same vain as Train and Maroon 5. 2 Songs of his that I know of are "I don't want to be" and "Chariot". I hope his injuries are not serious and that the criminals are brought to justice.

shortmamma

That's terrible, sending my best wishes, why was he attacked?! Not that it matters, no one deserves it, but God, I hope he is alright, as a fan, I hope he recovers to continue spreading his music, cant wait for the new album....Luv u Gavin!

Todd

OK...I googled him and I still don't know who he is.

aquanet

Get well soon!

aquanet

If you listen to the radio in the last few years you'll regocnise this song "Don't Wanna Be" http://youtu.be/8gFCW3PHBws

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments