David Carradine

Wife Settles Lawsuit

Over Actor's Auto-Erotic Death

8/17/2011 10:54 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0817-david-carradine-EX
David Carradine's wife has just settled her case against the production company of the movie David was shooting when he died of auto-erotic asphyxiation ... TMZ has learned.

Anne Carradine had sued MK2 Productions, claiming they had a duty to supervise David while he was on the shoot for the movie, "Stretch."  Anne claims the night David died in his Thailand hotel room, the production staff had gone to dinner and told David he would have to make his own arrangements for the evening.

Sources tell us that MK2 paid Anne money to settle.  And, we're told the other defendants -- including the hotel and insurance company have settled as well.

In all, sources say Anne will get around $400,000 from the defendants.

0817_david_carradine_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Another example of our disintegrating justice system. I can't believe this crap actually made it to a litigator's desk in the first place. She's not entitled to anything. Whatever money she's entitled to should be from her husband's accounts ONLY. It is not the responsibility of anyone to be responsible for a 70whatever year old man during filming. The hotel? How the hell were they responsible? Why don't they sue his estate for David not hiring a 24 hour watchdog? He was not a minor. Whatever issues he had were his own, but now his greedy wife has made his problems everyone else's problems.

MP

They shouldn't have had to pay a dime to that woman. Mr. Carradine was a grown man and doesn't need a babysitter for the evening. The person who said this is why everyone's insurance rates are so high is right and nothing will change until people stop with the money grabs.

Liz

I'm sorry that he died the way he did, but I'll never forget my daughters and I meeting him at LAX after he flew in from Vegas on the same flight as my daughter. It was around 1:30 am a year before he died and he couldn't have been more cordial, kind and polite. Little did I know at that moment, that THAT was the only opportunity I would ever have to meet him. I was so sad when I heard of his passing, yet thankful for every second I had chatting with him.

Mark

This reminds me of the guy the ejaculated every time he took a leak. He never knew if he was coming or going.

pink

got money for what he hung himself why should they pay her money, he,s not a baby they don,t need to babyit him,,lawyers are a bunch of no good ...ker.s,,the rich get richer..but do they help the poor no lawyers suck period...

wil

Wait a minute..Carradines wife sues the production company for NOT baby sitting him?Unbelievable!..

ken

He's not the first one to choke himself to death while choking his chicken. And where in hell did that procedure get invented?
I won't ask why he tried it, I've seen the vids of stupid kids supposedly "having fun", by bashing each other with steel folding chairs....stupid is, as stupid does.

tessa

And this is what's wrong with the world . . . no responsibility for one's own self, blaming others and expecting financial coups. What a lousy piece of trash this woman is. Mayhaps she should have been the one watching out for her husband, betcha she knew of his weird sexual habits. What a douche.

Sandra

Give me a break!! She should get zero as Kinky David was responsible for himself and the studio was not culpable!!

Michelle

That is the most dumb ass lawsuit. How is the production company responsible for a grown ass man. My husband can't get his worker comp that is due him-and this woman gets money because her husband committs SS and the production company did not babysit him. This world is all f-up. WOW

dog trainer

No one has a duty to supervise a grown man that does not have a do***ented need for supervision. He was a freak, and the whole thing was his own fault and no monies should have ever been paid out. Pitiful.

demoncat

guess she figured she would not win in court since it was not the productions job to baby sit david for after all how was the production workers to know david would decide to choke the chicken as his form of entertainment. at least now its over with and done with and avoids a long legal battle and costly legal fees.

Judy

Hmmm. I wonder if I could sue his widow, because what David did not only made me sick, but my blood pressure has gone up because the production company, insurance company and hotel all settled!!! I'm getting sicker by the moment!

angelo torres

How strange his death is similsr to the hanging on this movie clip in the beginning. Evil Toons 1991 Horror/Animation Movie ... Let me know if I stand correct...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6