'Last Dragon' Star

SHOT TWICE

In NY Gun Attack

9/6/2011 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0906_leo_obrien_EX
Leo O'Brien
-- the actor who played Bruce Leroy's little brother Richie in 1985's "The Last Dragon" -- was rushed to a hospital yesterday after being shot TWICE in broad daylight ... TMZ has learned.

It all went down in Harlem, NY when a gunman opened fire on the 40-year-old actor at 11:50 AM -- striking O'Brien once in the stomach and once in the left arm.

Witnesses called 911 -- and after O'Brien was transported to a nearby hospital, cops arrested a 50-year-old male suspected of pulling the trigger.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the suspect was booked for attempted murder and criminal possession of a firearm.

TMZ spoke with O'Brien who tells us he recognized the shooter -- but he has NO IDEA why the man would open fire on him.

O'Brien adds, "In life, sometimes sh*t happens ... but I'm alright and doing better."

Sho 'nuff.

God-Of-Lyf

Wait, WHO? What happened to this site being "Celebrity News" Just Saying...!

Throwback kid

Holy Toledo! It's 1985 again! did anyone call Vanity for a comment?

AntiSocialForum.com

What you talking about Willis? Oh, sorry... wrong black kids.

some guy

... And here.

Sho2292

2 of the best lines ever came from this kid..."Chill Out Chop-Sticks" and "You Shrimp Fried Rice Head"

You don't get better writing than that!

mook

So THIS is how they are promoting the Last Dragon movie reload? Whatever happened to Taimak anyway?

Dirk Diggler

Shawn has got it right, Eddie Acardia the Video Game King is up to his old tricks again! Where was Taimak? He CATCHES BULLETS WITH HIS TEETH!

lesley

Glad he says he's doing better. I always wondered what happened to him after The Last Dragon. Hope he gets back up on his feet; maybe return to acting.

Monica

WOW Shot twice and still living his faith moves me, **** happens, but regardless of his race this is not okay, and it scares me, that's y I b packin try to shoot me n i'll shoot back, this world has gotten too crazy, but he is truly blessed and I hope they all get well.

The Master

Whos the master? I AM
u guys have to repeat it...they say it twice...
catches bullets with his teeth?
cachtes bullets with his teeth!

benny

good one less ****** in the world

Alpha

Too bad his brother Leroy wasn't around to catch the bullets with his teeth

jessica

Hi Dear My name is Miss jessica i saw your profile today at (www.tmz.com) and became intrested in you, i will also like to know you the more, and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am Here is my email address, (jessicaceline1@yahoo.co.uk) I believe we can move from here! I am waiting for your mail to my email address above. jessica. then i will tall you more about my self, i need an Dating Serious Relationship with trust (Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters a lot in life)(jessicaceline1@yahoo.co.uk)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2