Charlie Sheen

Settles with Warner Bros.

Over 'Two and a Half Men'

9/26/2011 3:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0927_charlie_sheen_WB_BN
It's now official ... Charlie Sheen and Warner Bros. have settled their bitter "Two & a Half Men" dispute.

A rep for WB released a statement claiming, "Warner Bros. Television, Chuck Lorre, and Charlie Sheen have resolved their dispute to the parties’ mutual satisfaction."

As TMZ reported ... Charlie will get $25 million almost immediately, mostly for work he already performed and profits he has already earned.  And, as sources told us, Charlie will get around $100 million in profits from syndication of the show over the next 7 years.

Warner Bros. and Charlie have agreed to dismiss their mutual lawsuit against each other.

We love happy endings.

I want money
I want lots of money
In fact I want so much money
Give me your money
Just give me money

Jon-Paul Stone

So Carlos Estevez (AKA Vatican Assassin/Warlock)really is winning!!! 125 Mil for not doing ****. Now he can bang all to hookers he wants and pretty much buy out all the blow in Columbia and dosent have to do a thing ever again. In a weird and twisted way I kinda admire that. He is living the dream and like he said on his roast, he got to do what everybody has wanted to do, "Tell you boss to **** off." I'm Charlie Sheen Bitch!!!!!!

Raejean

Charlie's been a lot more humanly civil since he learned he'd be getting his money, after all. But he didn't get his job back.

I'd be more interested in reading what Lorre had to say about the "reality show." Sheen doesn't have the first idea of what REAL reality is, even now that he's well-medicated.

David

Give me your money
Just give me money
;>)

Jane

That's disgusting!

Debster

Chuck Lorre, time for you to do the right thing for millions of fans of 2/5 Men (regardless of your own petty feelings)...have Charlie suddenly come strolling through the door to save the show or let's face it, that turkey is DONE.

Ya Mon

If I was execs footing the bill for LORRE's big mistake I would be thinking how do we kill off LORRE!
Chuck=LOSER
Charlie=WINNING!!!!$$$$$

Autumn_in_Michigan

Exactly. What was settled was the contract resolution. What was dropped was the suit & counter suit. Don't know why it is so hard for some people to understand what that means - that Charlie dropped his lawsuit against WB/Lorre and so they then dropped their countersuit. Not rocket science, people.
~~~~~~~~~~~
sparced: 24 hours ago
basically Charlie doesn't get a nickel more than he was legitimately owed before getting fired.
Even if they went to court, this was probably going to be the outcome minus insane lawyers fees.

Autumn_in_Michigan

To those still predicting the demise of 2.5 Men... reality aka 2nd week ratings check:

9 p.m. - CBS moved into first for the 9 p.m. hour with "Two and a Half Men" "20.03 million viewers and a 7.2 key demo rating) and the season premiere of "Mike & Molly" (13.98 million and a 4.9 key demo rating). [And yes, those "Men" numbers were off by 7 million-ish viewers and a full 3 demo ratings points from last week's premiere, but CBS still would have been overjoyed by this week's numbers last week, so nobody's even slightly worried.] "

Autumn_in_Michigan

"Some fall-off was expected as viewers curious about Sheen's exit and Kutcher's entrance may not have stuck with the show in its second week. But significantly, last night's episode marked a 50 percent gain compared to the second episode of Men last season."

AgentBlonde

If Charlie hadn't sued first, who knows how much money Chuck Lorre would have stolen from him? Good call to fire the first shot, Charlie; you kept WB and company honest.

Now have fun spending your money and ignore the haters.

ksis

HAHAHAHA!!! He wanted 100 mil and he will get 125?? Atta boy!!
Eat that Sheen haters. LOL!!!

Autumn_in_Michigan

Geez. I don't know why so called Sheen haters should be unhappy about the outcome of the litigation between Sheen and WB - and from what I can read here they aren't. At least the ones making comments here seem to understand what that outcome means - and they aren't so quick to assume that TMZ has all the facts straight.

1. There has been no "official" statement that specified dollar amounts. To the contrary:

"Warner Bros. Television, Chuck Lorre and Charlie Sheen have resolved their dispute to the parties' mutual satisfaction. The pending lawsuit and arbitration will be dismissed as to all parties. The parties have agreed to maintain confidentiality over the terms of the settlement," Warner Bros said in a statement.

2. What was settled was the contract resolution which concerns what Charlie was due in terms of: (A) Back wages that had been withheld during the process of arbitration as per the contract; and (B) future earnings in terms of residuals/syndication monies. Evidently both parties are satisfied with how the contract resolution was settled.

3. The "$100 million lawsuit that Sheen brought seeking damages was dropped. So: (A) Sheen did not receive any money beyond back wages and future syndication money; and (B) Sheen undoubtedly has a huge legal bill with Singer for his troubles.

4. Even IF the dollar amounts specified at TMZ are correct, they amount to a reduction of roughly 2/3 of the amount that Sheen could have earned over the same time period if he had stayed with the show.

5. Given the agreement of confidentiality mentioned above, SOMEONE LEAKED this info to TMZ. Who has been historically the party to provide TMZ with info throughout this whole debacle - either personally or through his people? Charlie Sheen.

Does that mean that Charlie may have: (A) Violated the confidentiality agreement; and/or (B) Provided information that may or may not be true and may possibly give a perception of "winning"? Rhetorical.

Autumn_in_Michigan

Evidently, it bears both explaining and repeating - over and over...

Charlie Sheen DROPPED his "$100 million lawsuit" against Lorre and WB asking for damages (on his and the cast & crew's behalf) and for his "day in court" to reveal the behind the scenes "truth" about Lorre/WB.

Charlie Sheen SETTLED for what the contract had originally stipulated that he was to receive if he was in good standing with WB. Given that has was "fired for cause" and thus not in good standing with WB, he needed to regain their good will in order to "win" this settlement.

Thus, Charlie has eaten crow, back-peddled, whatever. Of course Charlie and his followers would prefer to put a "winning" spin to the situation.

Again...GEEZ.....

Autumn_in_Michigan

LAst but not least, for those who think that" (1) Charlie Sheen should be invited back to 2.5 Men; and that (2) Lorre is the one standing in the way of such an invitation......

I wonder how WB's might regard any breech of confidentiality - re the settlement just reached - on Charlie's part. That tenuous "good will" needed to reach that settlement might just evaporate. I seriously doubt that the folks at WB - nor Lorre based on his most recent vanity card - have (1) Short memories or (2) gullibility enough to believe that Charlie Sheen really repents.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments