Katherine Jackson

On Second Thought ...

I Don't Want to Sell the House

9/29/2011 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine JacksonKatherine Jackson has had a change of heart, deciding she doesn't want to sell the Jackson family home after all.

During a court hearing yesterday, Howard Weitzman, the lawyer for the Michael Jackson Estate, announced they were withdrawing their petition to get the judge's approval to sell the Hayvenhurst estate in Encino.

Weitzman said they submitted the petition because Katherine expressed a desire to sell the property but has since had second thoughts.

The court did, however, approve a petition for Katherine to buy another house.  Sources tell TMZ ... she wants to buy the home she's currently renting in Calabasas, where she can live with Michael's 3 kids.

LadyD

Thanks Phantom, but the video is not posting.

Brigha from UK

Good news. People are advised not to make drastic decisions after a bereavement. I understand it must be painful for her to continue to live in the Encino house, but I think if she sold it she would regret it later on.

iFart

Katherine said she never intended to sell Hayvenhurst... "They say they’re selling Hayvenhurst [the Jackson family’s English Tudor-style home in Encino, California, where Michael grew up]. I haven’t agreed to that. I don’t want it sold. Michael remodelled it as a gift to me, but I won’t go back to live there. I like where I live now because it’s lighter, brighter."

I'm very glad to hear the house isn't being sold. I hope they turn it into a museum.

Love and miss you forever MJ.

SLH

that place will be haunted by Papa Jackson for all eternity

LadyD

Prayers for the Jackson family and Michael's children. May they stay united and strong with their bond of love. Much Love for them all.

tre

didn't she just say she was selling the house to get rid of the free loading in-law and her rowdy kid's?

Susan62509

To: Love My Fans (3 hrs. ago)
I agree with your comment 100%. I would like to add that Katherine needs to publically apologize to John Branca for publically and in writing calling him greedy.

I also didn't see any words of "thank you to Michael" for supporting Jermaines ex-spouse and their children for years, in Jermaine's book. Where's the honest appreciation for your brother Jermaine?

K

Brilliant news, thank goodness for that

Montrachet1978

What a waste of time and money for the Estate with Katherine changing her mind. Hayvenhurst will be titled as an asset to the Estate and disbursed to the beneficiaries upon close of probate. Hayvenhurst cannot be turned into a museum because it's zoned residental property, not commercial property.

The probate judge was also to rule today if the $30 million could be disbursed to the family (KJ & MJ3) trust. What's the status of that?

Segye Times has filed a lien against the family trust to collect their debts from Katherine when the Estate closes. Segye Times also has a lien filed on the CM/AEG combination lawsuit Joe filed. Katherine, Joe & Jermaine owe Segye over $20 million dollars.

LI_Mom

Nice to know the Jackson family intends to piss away money just as Michael did.

Squirreling away as much money as they can BEFORE the kids take over the reins. Gives someplace for Joe or Jermaine to live while they move into another place.

The love of money IS the root of all evil. This whole family is a disaster. Pari******on & the Kardashian clan is going to have serious competition when Michael's kids reach 18.

Tammy

@Love My Fans It was like you were reading my mind (stop that), you are so right.

kp

She wants both homes so her kids can live in one and she can live in the other and Mj can pick up the tab for both. She sees the green, she looking out for her grand kids or is she looking out for the jackson family freeloaders.

marson

I am hoping the estate turns the encino house into a graceland type place where fans can visit and see where the Jacksons and Michael grew up and became stars.

dmeilerts

Never liked JAckson when he was alive,like him less since he is dead. H e was a whacko, and $)@(k. So that upped the ante for all the guilt ridden whites, He sure takesup alot timebeing dead. Find some real news
I could care less if his kids , they do not even know who their mother or father are, typical. . All those Jacksons are just worthless. Can't stand any of them can't sing, can't dance, More like a bonfire being voodoo. Ritual.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments