« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hank Williams Jr.'s Son

My Dad SHOULD NOT

Talk Politics

10/4/2011 6:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hank Williams III
Hank Williams Jr.
's son -- Hank Williams III -- doesn't think his father should have opened his mouth about Obama yesterday ... telling TMZ most musicians are "not worthy" of a political discussion.

TMZ spoke with HW3 -- and punk rock-meets-country singer -- who tells us, "The only person out there worthy of mixing political views and music is Jello Biafra."

FYI -- Jello Biafra is the original lead singer of the legendary punk rock band Dead Kennedys ... who is now a big shot political figure in the Green Party.

As TMZ previously reported, Hank's dad's famous "Are You Ready for Some Football" jam was yanked from Monday Night Football last night ... after HW2 went on Fox News and proclaimed that President Obama and Joe Biden are "the enemy."

When we asked HW3 about his political views, he told us, "I'm a musician ... not a politician."
1004_jello_subasset

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Edward Jones & Family

What ever happened to 1st amendment rights for everyone, especially the american taxpayer? I am so glad that HWJ had the guts to say what was on his mind. At this house we're no*****ching MNF anymore and are going to expand our HWJ music collection. God bless stand-up guys!

Brett Bishop Wilson

I just saw Shelton,(Hank III), last night at the Ogden in Denver, Colorado. He's a brilliant, genuine, exception to the rule, man. I believe him to be a man of integrity.

Thor

NO CELEBRITIES SHOULD EVEN GET INVOLVED WITH POLITICS! All Actors, singers, and artists should keep their political opinions to themselves...except for Tobey Keith.

bob

hank i dig your music but your dad has every right to talk politics and get involved. in fact its his yours and my duty to be involved. how else is this country gonna get anywhere?!

ethan

But Hank 3 did indirectly give his political opinons by endorsing those of outspokenly left leaning punk rock singer Jello Biafra.
Way to go 3, you are a class act (and 2 is an ass jack.)

muriel katt

I have seen hank jr, many times in concert.I like him, But some thing are better left unsaid. I wouldnt have opened my mouth in the way that he did. I would have said I m here to talk football.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5