Snoop Dogg

ARRESTED FOR WEED

1/9/2012 10:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Snoop Dogg arrested
Snoop Dogg
isn't the only canine with a nose for weed ... TMZ has learned the rapper was ARRESTED in Texas this weekend after a drug-sniffing dog uncovered marijuana on his tour bus.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Snoop's tour bus was stopped at a border patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca -- a small town in West Texas where Willie Nelson was popped for weed back in 2010.

It's all pretty ironic -- considering Snoop RAILED against cops in 2010 for arresting the country singer, claiming, "They better leave Willie the f**k alone." (video below)

We're told the border patrol ran a standard inspection of the bus with the dog ... when the animal alerted the agents to a possible hit in a waste basket in the back of the vehicle.

The agents claim they found a red prescription bottle with several joints inside. We're told the bottle contained under a half-ounce of weed.

Cops say Snoop admitted the dope belonged to him. Snoop has a prescription for cannabis in California, but law enforcement tells us, there is a zero tolerance policy for weed in Texas ... regardless of his status in other states.

Snoop was issued a citation for misdemeanor drug possession and released.

Attempts to reach the rapper's rep were unsuccessful.

update_bar
1:25PM PT: The Justice of the Peace in Hudspeth County, TX tells TMZ, Snoop can resolve the entire matter by paying a $537 fine ... unless he wants to challenge the citation, in which case he can make his case in court.

0728_whatcha_smokin_footer_v2

See also

kar

Say it ain't so. He would be the last person I would ever think that would do any drug! What a shock, I need to sit down.

Dutchguy

Of course marijuana should be legalized. What would i say, I'm allowed to buy the stuff in my hometown legally. Your problem is how many of you vote for a politician or party who is in favor of legalizing? Snoop will be fine. He's to big a fish. But last year a 17 year black kid was send to 50 (FIFTY!!!) in prison for possession of 5 joints. You want change to this madness? Get organized and GO VOTE!

brad

That's Texas for ya. They just love to set up those speed traps to generate income for those counties where not many people live.

I'm sure that Snoop Dog is a wee bit peeved about this. Willie Nelson too. Snoop Dog probably thinks of weed the same way everyone else thinks about smoking cigarettes. Weed and the music business goes together like a hand and glove. Always has with rock bands that's for sure. It makes you feel stupid sometimes and messes up your creativity a little if you do it all the time though. That's what I hear anyway. :)

In the 70s, Ozzy Osbourne was once banned from Texas because he took a TOOK A LEAK behind a building. It just happened to be the Alamo in San Antonio, but you know how Ozzy is. Come on. He probably had "double vision" and was lost and didn't have a clue what he was doing.

Criss

Big screaming deal!

brad

I bet that if the cops in Texas pulled over a tour bus with "ZZ Top" on it, the cops would joke around with them, ask for autographs, say thank you to guitarist Billy Gibbons, tell them to hide the weed better, and then they'd send them off on their way without any citation.

Donnalee

If you think Texas is harsh do NOT EVER come to the state of Georgia. I just got busted for a few joints and got 12 months probation, weekly piss tests, and a $1500.00 fine, plus I have to pay to have some shrink to test me to see what kind of addiction I have. I am 46 years old, I was in my own house when these narcs came to serve a BS search warrant just because some informant told them that my husband was a big time dealer with a huge amount of dope in my house! Also, Georgia is the ONLY state in the US that will take your driver's license for six months if you are convicted of a misdemeanor poss. of marijuana. If you cant drive, you can lose your job. Try applying for any job and you will be given a criminal background check. So what does that accomplish? Higher unemployment rates? Then what is a person to do to earn money? Become a real criminal? I have never sold any drugs in my life. Nor have I ever stolen, murdered etc.. P.S. If you pay your fine, they will let you off your probation because that is really all they want. The govt will never legalize because they make too much money off it. This is a corruption of state and flagrant violation of my 4th amendment rights. War on drugs = money for the govt/corruption.

Amber

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Um, I mean Really?!?!? Shocking! LOL

janja

at least he and his wife can now have matching mug shots haa

Fuck Celebrities

Why is this ass not in jail?

WOW...

LOL, and how much did it cost tax payers to find those few little blunts in a script bottle he had a prescription for? ...LOL..was he smoking & driving? texting and smoking? drinking and smoking?...shooting by standers while smoking? robbing banks while smoking? ....just legalize it already...

Joao

Oh, oh... he got busted in TEXAS, I'm thinking that the judicial system has a price - but is nothing like the messed up California Celebrity Courts. He'll escape Jon Q. Public consequences because this is America where money talks---but he's going to have to dig deep to buy his way out of this one.

Woot

I don't smoke weed myself, but F*(K TEXASS!! Another of a billion reasons to hate that prehistoric state! Wish they'd saw themselves off the rest of the country and go be backwards and hateful somewhere else!

CLINT

What surprises me the most is that all they found was a couple of joints. I would have expected at least an ounce.

Wil

Rumor has it this judge takes bribes--er um, negotiates with lawyers.

buzz kill

When you openly present yourself as a user of pot or whatever your drug of choice, you make youself a target. It is still against the law, so keep your business to yourself. Why go looking for trouble? You wouldn't kick a junkyard dog, or would you?