Philadelphia Cream Cheese

No WHEY We're Advertising

on 'GCB'

3/7/2012 10:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0307_phili_gcb_logos_ex
Kraft Philadelphia is seriously cheesed off over the direction of ABC's new dramedy "GCB" -- telling TMZ, the cream cheese company has decided to yank ALL of its advertisements from the controversial show.

A rep for the company tells us, "Philadelphia has decided to pull its advertising from GCB ... We have received a few complaints from consumers and their opinions about our advertising are important to us."

The rep adds, "We have recently decided to redirect our advertising to other programs."

"GCB" -- based on the book "Good Christian Bitches" -- has come under fire for its arguably derogatory portrayal of Southern Christian women.

As we first reported, NY Councilman Peter Vallone has already called for his constituents to boycott the show

Jeepers

I was wondering how pulling the curtain back on the hypocrisy of Christianity would go over with the masses. Turns out they want to keep the curtain closed. What a shocking turn of events.

Maktown

You can't EVER mention ANYTHING about someone's religion or even have a theoretical discussion about it without them thinking you're "attacking" them. Religion is just a means of keeping the gullible, small minded people of this world under CONTROL. The Bible and everything in it is FAKE.

elysummers

I was hoping this show would be just a little more PG than it is. I think the inuendo of the 90's sitcoms is missing from this platform. It's like a reality show that is scripted.

There's a problem here

Welcome to Rick Santorum's America bitches

Amy

I'm not saying the show is bad (though I haven't watched it...just the tailer), it's just that...why is this on ABC? Why does every show have to be shocking or drama-filled reality? Where is Seinfeld or the like? I just wish everything didn't have to be for shock value.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I haven't seen the show, but I don't live very far from Dallas. I'll tell you, it's not accurate unless they look like a Buckle store threw up all over them and one of them has a big ole zebra print purse with a big sparkly cross on the side.

Suzette

Has America lost the ability to laugh at themselves? Have we forgotten what satire is? I am amazed that a huge multi-national corporation such as Kraft foods caves so easily to the pressure of select christian groups. How about we boycott them for pulling their support of GCB? Here is the phone number for Kraft: 800.323.0768 I just called, why don't you too.

The first Amendment guarantees the right to free expression. I guess Kraft foods doesn't.

Kelly

Cool, it's their right. And I'm free never to buy their product again as long as I live.

zima

geez get over it! I'm Italian and LOVED the Sopranos!If you don't like it DON'T WATCH!

O_o

sounds like this show is gonna be a winner! the book didn't really get great reader reviews... sounds like an interesting idea though.

afjioeqjioe

It is just harmless entertainment. Take it easy people.

MadCharles

No wonder !! GCB stands for Good Christan Bitch..

omegabeta

WTF!? This show is like Steel Magnolias 2012. It was actually pretty good. Religious people really piss me off.

Yono

This is The United States of America and you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE FUN OF CHRISTIANS HERE! How dare TV produce a show like this and I bet gay people work on it. How dare they show Christian women as b#tches. God will destroy this nation because of this show. Mark my word!

Johanna

I'm from Texas and a PK, I see nothing wrong with the show. LMFAO!