« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Ochocinco

Dropped $8,000

on 200-Person Twitter Feast

3/13/2012 3:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_1blfdxlq_0_ssjbto0l
With his future on the Patriots in question, Chad Ochocinco is trying to do good by anyone he can -- in this case NYC -- dropping nearly $8,000 on a massive fried chicken dinner last night ... for 200 local fans.

In case you don't follow him on Twitter -- the football stud sent an open invite to anyone in the New York area ... offering a free dinner to the first 200 people to show up at the famous Sylvia's soul food restaurant in Harlem.

Needless to say, hordes of people came -- just check our video for proof -- and sources tell us, Ocho treated the hungry mob to a full array of Southern-style deliciousness ... including BBQ ribs, fried chicken, mac & cheese, and red velvet cupcakes.

Sources at the restaurant tell TMZ, Ocho spent $7,914 on grub altogether -- but they wouldn't specify how much he tipped.

Now if only Ocho could make more than 15 catches a season ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ScottyJ

I bet most of the people who showed could have paid for their meals. He should have helped feed those who can't.

wingedmonkey

yeah we'll here about him being broke in a few years too!

Mike44090

He may have gotten better press if he spent 8Grand at a local grocery store and too the food to a homeless shelter.

Markieb

$8000 for 200 people = $40 per person that is a hell of a tab!! probably could have got a better deal at KFC!!

smada5

Don't hate on him at least he gives back this isn't the first time he has done this, when he played in cinci he treated his fans to dinner where ever he played...He treats his fans what's wrong with that?

ThirdFromTheLeft

The kind of people who show up for a food free-for-all don't tend be living large, even even they have access to Twitter. Who wants an elbow in the back with their free fries if they can afford to eat mob-frenzied free?
At least no one got hurt.

Googie

I think he's done something like this before, hasn't he?

Seldombinlaid

That was nice of him to bring some business to a restraunt, and feed some folks some good food. God Bless him.

Julia

Since I am making much less money this year I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get the kinds of gifts I usually get for my family this year. I thought I would try one of the penny auction sites because I heard that they have the best deals anywhere. I checked out a few sites and it became clear to me that the one that was most reliable and had the lowest prices was at ( http://tinyurl.com/TopBargains ) . To be honest, their prices seemed too low to be true. I tested them out by bidding on an iPad, which my son wanted, but I didn't think I could afford one this year, to my surprise and delight I ended up getting one for $73. I got it about a week ago and it was brand new and in a sealed box.

My Big Salami

Where's the Kool Aid?

Shay

He is really really cheap. Drives a Prius and lives really simple. I can assure you he'll be fine financially if he gets dropped. Plus he gets paid for bball wives. And his new wedding tv show.he seems to be really nice as he's always meeting his twitter fans!!

Cricket

Hope he can afford it. If so, that was very generous and showed a genuine appreciation for his fans. But as read on here before, I too wonder if he will be bankrupt in a couple years. Seems to happen alot to pro athletes/celebs.

remy

lol at mac and cheese

parlayer

ochomill cinco, playing favorites with the east coast. what about us wannabee's in ca. ??? stingy f--k

WhiteLepers

Sylvia's is disgusting!!!! Right out of the can. That crap isn't Soul Food; it's (no offense-->Mexican food. Just take a look in the kitchen. Now Spoonbread, that's real Soul Food.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments