Jeremih

I Didn't Lip Sync ...

I Just Sang Over My Own Voice

3/17/2012 3:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0317_Jeremih-Felton_getty_ex
Singer Jeremih is adamant ... he did NOT lip sync at a spring break concert Wednesday night -- when he was pelted with drinks -- telling TMZ, he just sang loudly over a recording of his own voice.

According to Jeremih, the situation wasn't ideal regardless -- because the promoters didn't adequately prepare the stage or provide the right equipment for J to perform.

Jeremih tells us, he was late on stage because the crew wasn't ready for him to perform -- but the crowd was chanting his name anyway ... so he decided to make do with what he could.

Big mistake -- because Jeremih says the equipment backfired ... playing his vocal track much louder than he wanted ... making it look like he was trying to lip sync, when he wasn't.

As for the bottle attack -- Jeremih says a girl threw her underwear at him and the girl's boyfriend got jealous, hurling a bottle at Jeremih in retaliation. Jeremih walked off soon after (below).

Jeremih called the whole thing "a horrible experience" -- and adds, "I would never lip sync period. I am way too talented to do that. I am not the type of artist that has no voice."

Anya

LMAO !

Silverado Mom

People used to lip sync all the time. Then the Milli Vanilli thing happened and everyone felt fooled. So what! Let them lip sync. It's not easy to sing without an effects processor, and dance around too. Let it Be!

Joao

Dude is busted lip syncing and says, "I would never lip sync, that's for loser. I'm a autotuned no-talent rapper [or whatever the hell that was]" That he's talentless isn't the story, that anyone should listen dare even pay to see this crap is the real crime.

pam

"not the type of artist that has no voice" hmmm... could have fooled me when I saw him last summer. He was AWFUL!!!!

renae

Whoa Jeremih! Your voice is not very good period so calm that, "I'm too talented to do that" talk. Saw him Performing on tv live and wondered out loud how he got a recording contract. Singing over a loud vocal and music backtrack is no different than singing along with the radio or a CD, your voice gets drowned out. Other artists do the same thing, I kinda hate that, it makes a performance seem very junior high school talent show.

So it took over 2hours for the crew to set up or was he already running late? Anyway, this was a horrible thing that happened to him but that whole " I'm too talented for this" stuff...whatever.

Tyler the creator

That's not a photo of JEREMIH, but Tinie Tempah. FAIL TMZ. Come on son

Leigh

That's not Jeremih in the photo! Damn TMZ I guess any black dude will do huh? SMH!

3Storms

This is why pop and rap are crap with zero artistic cred.

If they can't even play their own music 100% live then they're not pro-grade musicians and are just karaoke acts

TMZ_Admin

Thank you for your comments. On behalf of TMZ, I'd like to apologize for the photo mistake. It's highly inaccurate and the offending staff member has been decapitated. And please remember, Harvey is not racist. Nobody loves black men more than Harvey.

Seldombinlaid

My weekly education on who are these people:), and their free TMZ advertisement. It's all good.

John Galt

Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?

yessir

WOW TMZ has some ignorant people working for them. That is not jerimih in the picture.

Celebrities Suck

He must not be a natural, a natural doesn't need auto tune. JLO needs auto tune because she can not sing. Auto tune(distorts the human voice)making the person sound better thn they really are.

Celebrities Suck

he's lucky it was only water.... Tell him to go to a juggalo concert... lmao

Someone's goldfish

She threw her underwear at him because she didn't have a drink to throw.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments