Ex-Ninja Turtles Actor

Michael Bay is 'Sodomizing'

the TMNT Legacy

3/20/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0319_robbie_rist_bay_tmnt_getty_facebook_ex_2

The guy who voiced Michaelangelo in the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movies is FURIOUS with Michael Bay ... claiming the director is "sodomizing" the franchise by changing "turtle" history in an upcoming flick.

The outrage stems from a comment Bay made about his upcoming live-action flick at a recent media event ... in which he said, "These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.”

Of course, TMNT fans are FLIPPING OUT ... since everyone knows the turtles mutated during a brush with radioactive ooze after falling through a sewer ... duh.

One of those pissed off fans is voice-actor Robbie Rist ... who recently posted a letter to Bay stating, "You probably don't know me but I did some voice work on the first set of movies that you are starting to talk about sodomizing."

Rist added, "I know believing in mutated talking turtles is kinda silly to begin with but am I supposed to be led to believe there are ninjas from another planet? The rape of our childhood memories continues ... "

Still, Rist tells TMZ ... "Everything I have said here could be off base and wrong ... He has made WAY more money at this than I have."

update_bar
8:45 AM PT: Michael Bay has a few words for worried fans -- releasing a statement moments ago in response to the outrage ... urging them to chill the hell out.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

jeebus

Wow, a little bit of my soul just died with this.

oc

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, from out of space?

this movie already suck

TV Gord

Where did The Brady Bunch's Cousin Oliver learn so much about sodomy? (Maybe that's why he disappeared without a trace partway through the final season.)

Lisa

1.) Why would he change the basic premise of the storyline? Not that I'm a fan, but it does seem disrespectful to the original mythology 2.) Why all the sex references? Someone has a bit of a homoerotic fixation... The letter might have been a bit more effective w/o all the sodomy and rape talk... They both seem weird to me.

Brad

reading comments about how bad the Mass Effect 3 ending was bad enough, now I get this from some **** director who is gonna anal rape the ninja turtles.

I am going to hollywood and I will dismember michael bay.
have you ever seen game of thrones where the black knight guy decapitated his own horse? I imagined myself as the Black Knight (The Mountain) and the horse that got his head chopped off is michael bay.

ExtraKetchup

This Robbie fellow sounds like an strange bird, but if this is true about the alien race plot, that is really lame. You just don't mess with people's nostalgia, no matter how creative and witty you think your ideas are. It's just plain cruel.

DJM

Get ready for Teenage Alien Intergalactic Ninja Turtles...or better known as, TAINT.

James25

I'm with Robbie on this one. Michael Bay should stick with the original story.

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

Is anybody surprise really? Michael Bay rapes every beloved franchise he touches, whether he's directing or just producing. I hope people boycott this.
I couldn't agree more with the voice actor.

jayman419

I can accept reboots that change the premise a bit, if it makes sense in a new continuity. Comics do it all the time.

But this seems like a case of "It's a great office, but sometimes, you have to change things that are perfectly good just to make them your own." I get that there was a recent nuclear disaster in a major market for live-action anthropomorphic animal action movies, but I don't think anyone is going to be unaware of the original version.

birdman

Michael Bay. Ruining our childhood memories one movie at a time.

3Storms

NERD FIGHT!!!!!

just because

I met Leonardo from the TMNT movie when I was 3.. I got his autograph..he was asian

just because

true story

Criss

Michael Bay must be stopped!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments