BCBG Chairman

Sued for $220 Million

Over Playboy Condoms

4/19/2012 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0419_max_azria_playboy_condom
The Chairman of BCBG has been accused in a lawsuit of being a "narcissistic braggart," a liar and a cheat, and it's all over a business venture to get Walmart to hock Playboy condoms.

According to the suit, obtained by TMZ, BCBG Chairman Max Azria (above) made a deal with a dude named Jimmy Esebag, who had deep ties with Playboy, to market condoms.

Esebag claims in his lawsuit Azria blatantly lied to him by saying he could move any mountain he wanted to make the venture work.  The lawsuit claims Azria said, "I have a relationship with everybody.  I am Max Azria.  People are happy to have lunch with me.  Anybody in America.  Even the President of America ... I can sell anything to everybody."

But the suit claims what Azria COULDN'T deliver on his promise to get the condoms on Walmart shelves, partly because some BCBG's clothing lines allegedly contained dangerous levels of lead ... so the suit claims Walmart was gun-shy about doing business with him.

Esebag also says Azria misrepresented BCBG's financial health ... by failing to disclose 42 tax liens and the fact that the company had a junk credit rating and more than 100 lawsuits.  Oh, and the suit also claims Playboy wouldn't give Azria the right to sell the rubbers.

The suit, filed by attorney Bryan Freedman,  alleges various forms of fraud, but the most entertaining part of the lawsuit alleges statements made by Azria.

-- " I am the owner of this company.  Only God and me.  We have to talk."
-- " I want to tell you $2,000 is the tip that I give to restaurants..."
-- "The money is nothing.  If he need a million dollars, I give him a million dollars."

Apparently the deal fell through, and now Esebag wants $220 million -- what he claims he could have made if Azria was honest.

BTW, Azria filed a similar lawsuit 3 years ago, claiming he was the victim.

0808_a_playboy_bunnies_footer

EMP BITE ME

People still use condoms?

Kabala

What the h#ll is BCBG? Is it like KFC?

the TRUTH

what the **** are Condoms and what are they used for?

Rhubino

TMZ, you STILL haven't got the hawk/hock thing down yet.

Rhubino

Here you go: People who pawn goods at a pawnshop hock them. That’s why such places are sometimes called “hock shops.”

Vendors who proclaim aloud the availability of their goods on the street hawk them. Such people are called “hawkers.”

The latter word is used metaphorically of people or businesses aggressively promoting anything for sale. They are not “hocking their wares”, but “hawking their wares.”

Scott Russo

I'll take a million dollars...

Fallopia Lopez

"Hock" is slang for "to pawn". "Hawk" is slang for "to sell". "TMZ" is short for "no employment standards".

quezcotl

Anyone who have to wear a condom because his wife "demands" it, is a pansy. I suggest, this, wear a skirt to work - loser.
I never used a condome, im 25 and just got two daughters.

Listen women: do you know what it feels like, for us men? It feels like eating candy with paper on it. Thats right, so think about that for once.
Also, just to show im not some douchebag, im also for contraceptive pill since they can create a stroke for our women.

I'm not gonna disgust any female who read this comment by saying what you could do to prevent another damn angel in the house... but "pull out" at the right time - its not so damn hard.

And this might sound "crazy" but God didn't put two tits under her face for no reason, use them.

Also, show your lady respect and she will repay you with sex - stay classy America!

Beener

Is his name "Is-a-bag"? They both sound like bags to me.

SPELLCHECKER

"HAWK condoms" you spell-challenged editors, "hock" is to pawn!

And "led"? SERIOUSLY? High levels of light emitting diodes? It's "LEAD"!

How can you work for a site that is so well read while being functionally illiterate?

johnny valentine

I think you meant Lead not Led... not trying to be a smart aleck, just dont know how to get this to your editor :P

Anonymous

Who? Who? And, why is this a story?

KnuckleDragger

Tell ya' what, Max. I don't buy anything from anyone who doesn't use it themselves...and since it's highly obvious that you haven't been around a vagina in dog years, I'm gonna pass on this product.

Marty

This guy needs to stop eating antacids. You can see the residue on the side of his mouth.

jeff

If these condoms are anything like the magazine, they're f ck ng worthless. lohan didn't even show us the money. On the package it probably says "thicker for your protection". If I wanna f ck rubber I'll **** the tires on my car.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments