Octomom

Welfare Mom Blows $520

ON HAIRCUTS!

4/25/2012 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Octomom check for $520 for haircutsOctomom Nadya Suleman -- who is pulling in $2,000 month in food stamps thanks to California taxpayers -- spent $520 on a Brazilian blowout, and 2 cuts ... TMZ has learned.

Octo's hairstylist Stephanie tells us ... she went to Octo's house on April 18 to cut her hair and do a Brazilian blowout -- a chemical straightening treatment. Octo owed Stephanie for an earlier haircut, and the grand total came to $520. Octo also paid Stephanie $80 for hair products. Mind you -- Octo wrote the check at a time when she was in dire need of welfare.

Stephanie -- who went to cops yesterday and filed a report claiming the 14 kids were living in squalor -- tells us she couldn't believe Octo was spending this kind of loot on haircuts when her plumbing didn't work.

Stephanie says a plumber had been to the house recently and told Octo it would cost $150 to fix the pipes, but Octo declined, saying it was too expensive. As a result, the kids have to use portable training toilets in the backyard.

Octomom and the horrible house conditions
By the way, Stephanie also says while she was cutting Octo's hair, the mother of 14 locked her kids in the bedroom. Take a look at the pic -- notice the chair she used to keep the door shut.

update_bar
9:00 AM PT: Octomom just walked one of her kids to a school bus -- we asked about the giant haircut check, but she had no response. PS -- nice Elmo slippers.

Boo

Geez, TMZ, why the turn around? Usually you guys help promote this scam artist. None of this information you are providing shocks most people. She's been playing the system for years and her kids were innocent pawns in her schemes.

Mary P

I'm not defending this chick - but something sounds fishy here. TMZ is paying BIG money for exclusives from this hairdresser. Aside from all that, Nadya was paid to pose naked, makes appearances - so perhaps one of those cuts was "required" before the photoshoot and she trusted her hairdresser to hold until she got paid after the shoot.

My kids run around in diapers alone while potty training and her kids are about that age and if you don't have special needs kids, you can't understand the damage they can do to a house. I have an 8yo bipolar, a 4yo with ODD and 15 month old twins. Before my 8 yo was on the right combo of meds, he was destructive, he had to be put in his room with a lock as he became a danger to his brother once in a while - it was recommended by the psychiatrist as long as it was only when he spoke of harming people, was tearing stuff up - he had to be "forced" to be calmed by it while we played with meds. My 4yo has put holes in his wall along with graffiti. We can afford to cover it up - but if we couldn't or didn't, some of it might look like this.

My 4yo also was afraid of the bathroom. He had an irrational fear of it for a bit. He was always trying to go outside. He's walked out and peed off the front porch. I'm not saying ALL this has excuses or reasons - but some of it might.

No parent is perfect. I guarantee it. But frankly, the pictures don't show a lot - the plumbing thing - there is a working toilet inside so am I going to get investigated because I've had one bathroom in renovations for a year because of some surgeries? When was it the law that more than one toilet be provided?

lat

And people wonder why our welfare system and support system in this country is so screwed up!!!! My husband works 60 hours a week and I work 50 hours a week to make ends meet...we don't get handouts from city, state or government...if we can't afford it we don't buy it period!!! It is nice to know that the hard work I put it can make this piece of trash look nice...and by the way, I can't afford to get my haircut....my husband and I take turns cutting each other's hair to save money!!! Maybe we should go on welfare...hasn't it become the American way?

2muchinfo

stylest knew the check was going to bounce so she decided to get paid from TMZ

wow

Have to admit that's pretty bad. I would definitely pay the plumbing and save to get my hair done at a later date or do it myself. It's no surprise though, everyone knows Octomon makes poor decisions. I still won't condemn her. Perhaps she figures more work will come her way if she looks her best.

Larry

If this woman is so concerned with the condition of the home then why did she take the $520. Just another hungry tiger trying to get her 15 minutes of fame.

Eddard Stark

'Twould be more practical to lop off her h..hair you know.

Mazor

This dumb b*tch thinks she's Angelina Jolie.

Kitten

She can't afford to feed her 14 kids, yet can spend over $500 on her hair?! If that isn't fraudulent I don't know what is.... Welfare should investigate her for fraud immediately. Who knows how much more money she is spending on herself, letting her children suffer, while we tax payers feed her children for her.

RaineeDrops

If the children lack healthy boundaries like this and destroy the house, what are they going to do to a classroom? Do they think they are entitled to write on the walls of a public school, because they got to write on the walls of their own house?

Boze

This is why Paul Peterson and Gloria Alred tried to have a conservator appointed in 2009. She blew through over a million in donations and media funds, trashed the house, signed up for food stamps and gets a $520 hairdo. That`s how her mind works. (or NOT!)

Rhubino

Well, she's royally effed now. I really hope it doesn't happen, but will you be helping the nutjob that attacks her wash the blood off his hands TMZ?

rosa

Problem I have with whistle blowers is that they do it after the fact. Why didn't she say "octomom, maybe its not a good idea to lock up the kids in the room" "octomom I can't do your hair, you don't have my hair cutting prices money" "octomom I'm gonna tell TMZ all your business if you let me do your hair today". OCTOMOM IS A FOOL, IM NOT DISPUTING THAT but the stylist is pretty greedy too go in there & charge her that kind $ knowing she has all those kids but the stylist didn't care where the money was coming from (the tax payers)just that she would get paid.

peoplearesilly

Her kids need to be taken away from her -- that's probably exactly what the bitch wants. She DISGUSTS me. Those poor kids. Take them away and put them in good homes. THey deserve it. Taxpayers then won't have to pay for this stupid piece of **** and all her kids that she clearly can't afford.

jane ann

i don't know this woman i have seen her on t.v. a few times in interviews and have read articles posted by the media. personally i think she is a little dingy but then i'm sure there are people who think the same of me. if in fact this article is true, it's finally time for c.p.s. to come in and remove these kids. very sad but just my opinion.