Octomom's House

A Picture of Squalor

4/25/2012 6:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Octomom and the horrible house conditionsTMZ has obtained pictures of Octomom Nadya Suleman's home that have triggered a police and child services investigation into allegations that her 14 kids are living in horrendous conditions and are being grossly neglected.

TMZ broke the story, Octo's hairstylist, Stephanie, went to La Habra cops Tuesday afternoon and filed a formal complaint. A La Habra cop and 3 reps from the Orange County Department of Children and Family Services went to Octo's house Tuesday night to investigate.

One picture shows two children pooping in a portable training toilet in the backyard. We're told the plumbing in the house is shot, and only one toilet is operational.

Another photo shows Octo just after she got her hair done. What's shocking is that she locked her kids in the bedroom by propping a chair against the door so they couldn't get out.

Yet another pic shows the children's bedroom, with 2 cribs and a mattress. Stephanie told cops some of the kids are forced to sleep on the floor.

And there's more ... a pic shows some of the kids in the backyard, barefoot, dirty and wearing no pants.

Stephanie tells TMZ, "The kids are in desperate need of help, and I tried to help and she's not open to anyone helping her." She says the boys are wearing girl's clothes, they are neglected and Nadya is just incapable of caring for them.

Authorities stayed at Octo's home Tuesday night for an hour-and-a-half, and determined the kids were not in danger. There will, however, be follow-up with Children's Services.

Rebecca

How can anyone be surprised by this? With 14 children and no job, what can you expect? There is no way to keep up with 14 kids by yourself. She obviously is mentally ill, becauses no one in thier right mind would think that they could do it alone. The kids (although it is not thier fault), should be taken out of the home, kept track of and given up for adoption. Then when they get older, they can make the decision on whether to contact her again. She needs mental health care, before she does something really stupid, like offing them because she is "stressed out". Problem is, she wont kill herself.

L

I actually do not think I know enough to judge. A LOT of 3 year olds run around in just shirts. 60 degrees sounds warm to me where I live. I have relatives who have children who run around in short sleeves and short pants even in winter in New England on much colder days and when asked why the kids say they like it because they are so athletic they don't get cold. I know good parents who are overrun by just 3 small kids who mess up their house much worse than any of these pictures. I can't imagine what 14 can do. I also don't think the house looks messy for the most part. Yes, there is a big pile of laundry. I can imagine with that many people, that many beds, etc there is a LOT of laundry. I usually put my laundry right away but sometimes I have (gasp) 3 or even 4 baskets backed up that have to get put away. I would imagine that type of thing happens a lot for Ms. Suleman. The girls look like boys and boys look like girls--at 3--the horror (sarcasm here). Some of the complaints by Ms. Suleman's 'friend' seem silly. Can she give the attention to all 14 they need, very difficult to do. Would it require putting them all in a room so she can get a haircut--probably. do I think that's ideal? not really but I know people who locked their 3 kids into the bedroom and took a shower in the attached bathroom daily and that wasn't considered child abuse. And saying she got a $500 something hair cut isn't really accurate if it included two other haircuts and product. It is pricey but I wonder how she can get her hair cut with all those kids much cheaper. Does she have child care? How much would it be to pay the several sitters it would take for about 1 1/2 or 2 hours of time so she could drive to cost cutters herself? Would that really be cheaper?

I knew when she was pregnant or had the kids that there was no way she was going to be able to give them all as much attention as is ideal but that doesn't necessarily equal child abuse or reason to remove them from her home. She is kind of damned if she does, damned if she doesn't--if she takes money she is mooching off society. if she doesn't she is abusing her children. doesn't look like 'squalor' to me in those pictures. My house is generally clean but I wouldn't want this friend of suleman to come over on a bad day! Yikes!

jelc

Good grief. Lets see what your place looks like after you have had 14 kids living with you. Give her a break Or better yet go give her a hand...

sk

I looked at the pix. The same pix was shown over and over. There was no mess. Kids pooping outside, not so good, but not squalor. The writing on the bedroom door? Maybe mom had chair there to keep siblings out while others were sleeping. I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Marlene Brazington

Perhaps, instead of paying $250 for a hairstyle, she should invest in working plumbing for that fancy A**ed house. After all, it's welfare money meant for the welfare of thosepoor kids.

Jason Reese

Nadaya is a better mother than most with half the number of children Casey Anthony and others. But yet, lets keep picking on here so we can get the story, right tmz.com? (By calling her "octo" instead of her real name Nadya Suleman. I can't blame her for not letting anyone near her family. (I would love to be part of her family Nadya needs a honest and a good man in her life, me!) Maybe you should learn to get the story correct instead of making jokes right tmz.com? (Good luck Nadya, i hope the best for you and your family.)

lizz

at least most of us agree on the obvious here.... one person (that being Octomom) is NOT capable of caring for 14 YOUNG children on her own. The pictures provided are evidence in its most genuine form. Nadya Suleman seems to be in her own world.. out of touch with reality. I agree w/ the ppl on here who wrote that it seems like she doesn't give a **** about the kids... u never sense an emotional connection between her and those babies. She even admitted on Oprah's show recently that if she had known then what she knows now about what it takes to care for them, and "how hard it is", she wouldn't have had the

the sea

She should style her own hair. Doesn't take much since it always looks the same.

Amanda

Wow, seriously.. what a complete waste of space. Cares more about her self then them poor poor kids. 13$ hair products on the counter, her kids mattresses on the floor instead of in the cribs or on there bed frames, a new hair cut & style for her self.. WHAT A SELFISH FLIPPEN BITCH!!! Thank you so much TMZ for doing this!! Thank you showing us all her real pathetic side. She don't deserve these precious babies. These babies need taken off her & given a healthy real chance at life. Cause letting these poor babies with her, is going to do nothing but ruin them mentally... poor babies.

jsrosi

Shocker lol, 14 kids I surprised it still standing. She is a idiot anyway.

Sarah

Oh whatever. Shes potty training 8 three year olds, of course theres a potty chair in the back yard! Of course theyre in nothing but diapers and tshirts! This is all very normal toilet training protocol. Drawing on the walls? SHE HAS 14 LITTLE KIDS! I have two and theyve made their own masterpieces in their room too. Also, clearly the kids are locked OUT of the room where the haircut is being done, not in a room. The only crime here is that the hirdresser thinks her haircut is worth $520.

liberty

Ok, She was crazy for having 8 more children. After she already had 6 children. But just because the house is a bit messy. Doesn't mean she isn't a good mother. As long as the children have food, clothes, diapers, bed to sleep in, getting their shots and a roof over there head. CPS isn't going to do a darn thing. Unless the children are being physical abuse. Or the mother isn't providing the necessary items the children need.

Please show me the perfect parent.

raratsak

"a pic shows some of the kids in the backyard, barefoot, dirty and wearing no pants."
Isn't that a pretty normal thing for kids? Providing the weather is decent I would happily let my kidlets run around the back yard in just a shirt and nappy/underwear and barefoot.. Kids somehow get dirty in the blink of an eye..

jane doe

she needs so much...very easy to cast stones...nothing matters except the fact that she is a mom doing the very best she can...hate is easy...humanity is harder...

Snerdy01

I think the doctor who implanted these babies should have to pay child support. As a professional, he should have known better than to implant 8 babies into a woman who already had 6 children. He should have to pay for them.

Previous 15 Comments | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments