John Stamos

'Office' Pulled Gay Joke to Spare My Feelings

4/27/2012 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0427_stamos_01
"Office" producers pulled a John Stamos gay joke from a recent promo because they were afraid ... afraid of John Stamos -- this according to John Stamos.

Stamos was out in L.A. yesterday -- and he told us, "They thought that I'd be offended by the gay joke. But apparently, a week before, they didn't see me kiss a man at the GLAAD Awards." (video below)

0427_stamos_02
The joke aired in a recent promo for "The Office" -- in which Andy tries to dump his girlfriend by lying about being gay, claiming, "I'm gay ... I had to fake it. I had to imagine that I was in a steam room with John Stamos." But producers quickly edited it out, and released a new promo instead.

Now we know why.

haskel420

TMZ WHY ARE U STILL REPORTING ABOUT THIS STUPID PROMO.. THE JOKE WAS IN THE EPISODE ,, SO WHAT IF THEY RELEASED A NEW PROMO.. LOL.. THE JOKE WAS IN THE SHOW..!!

tucker

Considering his shaky track record (substance abuse, etc.), I'm sure at this point in his career he can take a joke. He seems like the type that would have found it funny.

Bo

I don't see what the big deal is about, gay, straight, bi, whatever, he kisses a guy, what's the big deal. All the haters out there are folks who are uncomfortable with their own sexuality. When a guy kisses a girl or girl kisses a girl, majority of people think its hot; on the other hand, when 2 guys kisses people began to label it as gay or homo thing.

Jah36

John Stamos should be glad they pulled it. I'm sure that would have been embarrassing, not to mention extremely insulting for them to suggest he's a sick pervert.

Hisjules

test

Becky

THEY DIDNT EDIT THE JOKE OUT! How can TMZ keep reporting this, and John Stamos himself be talking about this when its something that never even happened! Do you guys really just post anything anyone says? If all you had to do to verify this would be to watch 10 seconds of the most accessible show ever then why didnt you do it???

Clark Bales

I knew John when we were both Kids. I saw the guy all the time. He always had a fine girlfriend. His best buddy turned out to be an elevator mechanic.. I don't believe he is gay at all!

rojam

wait, John Stamos is a f** now?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2