Demi Lovato

Front-runner for X Factor Judge

But No Offer ... Yet

5/2/2012 10:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0502_demi_lovato_miley_cyrus_article
Demi Lovato is the front-runner for the 4th seat on the "X Factor" judge's panel, but she hasn't gotten an offer yet ... sources connected with Fox Network tell TMZ.

We broke the story, producers are close to sealing a deal with Britney Spears to fill one of the 2 vacant chairs, but that deal is still in negotiations -- it is NOT closed. We're told both sides expect to reach an agreement and if they do Britney will end up with $15 mil for the season.

Lovato certainly has a fiery personality -- as we reported, she once socked a female back-up dancer in the face during the Jonas Brothers tour.

The other people in contention for the 4th seat are Miley Cyrus, Avril Lavigne, LeAnn Rimes and Fergie. But there have been NO offers made to fill that seat.

bagladey

Is that a joke? I suggest Justin Timberlake for the 4th judge.

Karin

I love this show but with Britney, Miley or Demi as judges I won't watch it anymore, those girls don't have enough experience to judge anyone btw neither did Nicole Scherzinger in season 1 but you could cope with it.

Carl

Of all the finalists she seems like either the worst or second worst choice, depending on how you view LeAnn Rimes. All of those other women are more famous and accomplished than Demi. I'm not saying they are paragons of talent, just that she's the lowest rung on the ladder.

RC

Lovato? Shouldn't you have some talent before you judge anyone else's talent?

PJ in Texas

Judges? the only one that can sing at this point is fergie

Kari

I love her voice--but I still won't watch it, because I can't stand Simon's arrogance.

jmak2011

Why Demi, she hasn't been around long enough or does she deserve to be a Judge. Simon get your head outof your Ass and sign Britney Spears & Mariah Carey.

MDog

LeAnn Rimes is talentles

Lorna

I vote Avril Lavigne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woot

Omg, I'm so embarrassed. I thought you had to HAVE talent to JUDGE talent. Silly me.

Kelster

I guess X factor wants to lose any credibility they have

Gary B

Demi and Miley have talent, but they just to not have the industry experience that Britney has. Simon might be considering these two over Britney because he can get them for cheap. Judges also have to be coaches and mentors as well, I do not think Demi despite her maturation and recent trials has that experience yet.

kate

two of the worse choice's

kapnkool

I hope Simon is ready to eat crow and ask for his job back at idol. Britney and Demi Lovato as judges? Two women who are horrendous singers sitting in judgment of others? You have got to be kidding me. I'm a professional singer and if Britney ever disparaged me I would immediately say "At least I sing live". What a joke this show has become.

David

Everyone saying Demi can't sing well foh.Have any of ye actually seen her sing live , I don't think so , look up some of the videos of her singing live then ye can comment on "bad" she is.And to people saying she's crazy get a grip she's gone through more in her life then ye will in any of yers,I really don't get why people hate her what has she done to any of ye to make people dislike her.Come up with a valid point as to why you hate her then your comment would be taken seriously because at the end of the day none of us know her and probably never will so you can't judge her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments