« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jon Jones

Arrested for DUI

5/19/2012 5:05 PM PDT UPDATED: 5/19/2012 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Jon Bones Jones Arrested for DUI
UFC Light Heavyweight champ Jon "Bones" Jones was arrested early this morning for DUI after he totaled his Bentley in upstate New York ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Jones was involved in an accident at around 5:00 AM in Binghamton, NY. We're told the car -- which Jones crashed into a pole -- was totaled and cops arrested Jones on the scene for DUI.

According to our sources, Jones was taken into custody by Broome County Sheriff and bailed out a few hours later ... by his mom. Jones is from nearby Ithaca.

How's this for irony? Jones filmed a video earlier this year about going through police training -- and he did it with the Broome County Sheriff ... the same agency that arrested him!

Jones last fought on April 21, defeating Rashad Evans by unanimous decision. His next scheduled fight is on September 1 in Las Vegas against Dan Henderson.

update_bar
Jones's manager, Malki Kawa, released a statement saying, "I can confirm that Jon Jones was arrested early this morning on suspicion of DUI. While the facts of this situation are still being gathered and situated, First Round Management fully supports Jon, and we are asking for fans and media to respect the privacy of Jon and his family during this time."

Via text, UFC prez Dana White tells TMZ, "Wow, i guess its not my week is it?"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Smarg

Finally this uppity boy gets his come-uppance.

some guy

jones is form endicott not Ithaca

Zak

I like the part when the cop says "with more training he has potential" ,as if being a cop is hard. Anyone can be a cop, that's why they recruit off of billboards. It's truly comical.

Zak

I like the part when the cop says about this elite athlete's chances of also becoming a cop, "with a little more training, he has potential". As if being a cop is difficult. Anyone can be a cop, that's why they advertise for your stupid jobs on billboards. It's comical.

kbrew007

@majestik totally agree... What an idiot

bsmith

That's right Dana, it's all about you!

Jim Moschoyiannis

MMA fighters are doing well if their driving Bentley's now - Jim Moschoyiannis

Trivia Freak

The press also doesn't report that there were two woman with him in the car at the time and that one was taken to the hospital with serious facial injuries.But then again our local rag,"Binghamton Press&Sun Bulletin " ran full page articles for two days after he won. Now it will be great,we won't have to read any more crap about this over hyped jailbird for a while. And he did serve time in the county jail but they wanted a nice clean image for him. He blew that one all to hell. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Frikandel

definitely like The VALiens in youtube :)

pogodog7

Sorry Bones but we hate hypocrites. I guess Rashad Evans knew what he was talking about when he said Jones was a phony and the one everyone sees is not the real Jones. As far as his privacy goes, he lost it when he became champ and the face of the UFC. Give me a break. He committed a serious offense and deserves absolutely no forgiveness. He is now considered a reckless, rude, self-centered, selfish, punk driving around in a Bentley. I really hope that Hendo busts him up good and takes the belt.

M.D. Jason

"I'm truly sorry to those of you that I may have embarrassed in any way, to those of you with kids that I may have let down. I will prove to them as well as to myself,"

Jon Jones Arrested: UFC Champ's DUI Arrest

JOnny

Now all the insecure white ppl have something to "BITCH" about. War Jonesss aka mr white MMA DESTROYER....oh no im being racist..........I can promise you, no ****s are givin.......

AlanaMaya

Why cant people respect peoples privacy? I know Jonny personally and hes a great guy. everyone makes mistakes, hes not super-human you know...

AlanaMaya

Why cant people leave him alone? Hes not perfect just like the rest of us! I know Jon personally and hes a great guy, It has nothing to do with money because people without money do it also... I say respect his privacy and keep all your nasty comments to yourselves.

agentsmith

and how is this worse then what cheal sonnen did?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4