« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jon 'Bones' Jones

Apologizes for DUI --

'I Screwed Up, Big Time'

5/22/2012 7:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Jon Bones Jones
UFC champion Jon "Bones" Jones says he's "truly sorry" for letting down his fans when he was arrested for DUI this past weekend ... saying, "I screwed up, big time."

TMZ broke the story ... the 24-year-old was arrested Saturday morning after totaling his Bentley in Upstate New York.

But yesterday, Jones reportedly posted a message on his Facebook page saying, "I screwed up, big time. Just needed to say thank you to all you guys for being amazing friends/supporters."

He continued, "Although the hell that will come with this hasn't even started yet, I want you guys to know how much better you've all made me feel, not only about this situation but about life, everything."

"It's good to feel that people are there and care. With that being said, I felt I should apologize to you first."

"I'm truly sorry to those of you that I may have embarrassed in any way, to those of you with kids that I may have let down. I will prove to them as well as to myself, that no matter what is happening in life, we can always work our way back and make things even better than before."

The message has since been deleted from Jon's FB page.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ju

he will get off like they all do they say there sorry but they should go to prision they could of killed someone

Bwoy dem

You are human.... just don't do it again. Let the closet racists get their jollies, you're still the best there is in the game right now. When the haters stop hating... is when you need to worry.

Mr Money N Bank

It's alright, Jon. Everyone except the people that post on TMZ's website screws up. Pick yourself up and move forward. (Hey, I post on here! I think I'm the only that posts on here who's ever screwed up.)

@iAMTIMWILSON

Ni**a Please! You knew damn well you had no biz drinking & driving,get ur cry me river azz outta here with that lame azz apology

Jay W.

24 is old enough to know better... but it proves he's human.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

What does his boyfriend think of his DUI? He doesn't have one??? Yeah right!!!

Amber

Good for him, now he can move on and make better decisions in the future... He is human after all...

Brian

This dude is married to some white chick and has 2 kids (OUT OF WEDLOCK). If he is such a good Christsian, why is he not married to her??? I bet she popped out those 2 kids b/c she saw his potential. Nonetheless, why is he not marrying her, especially since he's been with her for so long.

MADE MAN

There is a message in the story and his apology! No matterv what the situation is, repent and be forgiven!!! People always judge man like they're perfect. I can see if the man was arrogant and didn't try to apologize but give him a break geez I mean the man gave a genuine apology!!!

Mary P

I am vehemently against drinking and driving but I give him a few kudos points for OWNING it. How many times do we see stupid celebs and athletes denying denying denying and saying "I'll be vindicated in court" and blah blah blah, especially the "moral" ones and then they plead guilty, just like Hines Ward making a big stink about how innocent he was and only in court he admitted guilt. At least JBJ owned his stupidity.

ShrinkWrap

Why do celebrities feel like they have to apologize for being human? He needs to apologize to the court. If people make him their role model, that's on them.

O_o

oh please. they say that you drive an average of something like 200 times before you actually get popped for a dui, so dont' pretend that this is the first time - and OOPS! and don't f*king thank your fans and supporters. thank god that you didn't kill anyone. be thankful that you're not apologizing to someone's family for taking their brother/sister/son/daughter away from them. sh!t ppl need to start taking this stuff more seriously. i cannot believe that there are so many ignorant people out there.

Sran

I met him once and was a nice man but I actually dont care what you do outside the octagon.