Rob Lowe

You're Gonna Dig

My Casey Anthony Movie

5/22/2012 6:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

052212_rob_lowe_launch
Rob Lowe is getting ready to re-try Casey Anthony ... in an upcoming movie about the infamous murder case ... and the actor tells TMZ he's VERY confident people are "gonna dig it."

Lowe was in Malibu yesterday when we asked about "Prosecuting Casey Anthony" -- a Lifetime flick in which Rob is set to play Jeff Ashton, the man who prosecuted Tot Mom for the alleged murder of her daughter Caylee Anthony.

Rob tells TMZ, "It's gonna be interesting ... I think people are gonna dig it ... great script."

Lowe says production starts Monday ... and he's hoping the project will air sometime in January .... roughly 4-and-a-half years after Caylee was murdered.

cha cha

And those that idolize Jeff Ashton, sit back and think about what he is really doing !!! Keeps bringing attention to that whore Casey. He had that book out in a New York minute while we were all still reeling from the shock of a murderer walking free. He shoves her in our face and the medias face all to make a dollar of blood money. JMO

bjay

I might consider watching if I know for sure that not a dime goes to any Anthony family member nor her defense. Even then, probably will pass. That trial outcome broke my heart and we already know the ending. And Casey is so delusional, she might think we actually consider her a celebrity. So after re-thinking, sorry, i won't be watching this. Even if it starred brad pitt.

Pamela

I WILL NOT watch any movie or read any book about the murder of Caylee. Rob Lowe, what is wrong with you?? What's wrong with Hollywood, do they need fresh writers. Shame on the people behind this movie and I hope Bozo's book doesn't sale. Who will profit from this sick movie??

cha cha

I would never buy any book by Bozo, Casey, Foghorn or the ScamAnthonys, I didn't eve buy Jeff Ashton's book, And the sponsors of this Lifetime Movie can shove their products up their whazoooooo

Jerry

Hey Rob "No one is going to dig it" Anything tied to the most hated female in the world is not going to get watched. Just the thought of anyone from this tragedy profiting from this makes me ill.
Boycott anything Anthony...
Ashton's running for States Attorney...This could put a big dent in his bid for election.

JP

BOYCOTT!!! I will not watch it. SHAME ON ROB LOWE!

O_o

too soon rob blow. too soon.

Cujeaux

Leave it to this dumbass to use a baby murderer in an attempt to legitimize his pathetic tv career of lousy acting.

JP

All this does is publicize the MURDERER, Casey! BOYCOTT!

YVONNE ADLER

I cannot wait. Watched the trial and followed the CAase 2 years before trial. Love Rob Lowe. Like the prosecutor's book. I was one of those who needed to see her rot in jail.

Joan K

Anyone who wastes their time watching anything about this dumb azz has to be an idiot, I have had my fill of this Bitch.

Uh

Makes you wonder if the movie was made to be popular or factual? Most of all it makes me wonder why? Now I remember..It's a Lifeline script.

E

No, I'm not gonna "dig" it because I'm not gonna *see* it. Boycott Casey Anthony if you think she did it!

ValVal

I hope they change the ending since the real justice won't do it.

kitty

if she really did not kill her BABY , then why is she not trying to find out who did ???? But we all know she did

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments