'Iron Chef' Cat Cora

PISSED on Post-DUI

Crash Video

7/11/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

071012_cora_launch
"Iron Chef" star Cat Cora was not a happy camper after drunkenly crashing into another car last month -- but she got even MORE pissed when she realized she was being videotaped ... by the other driver.

In case you didn't know, Cora was arrested for DUI in Santa Barbara last month after rear-ending another vehicle. According to police, she admitted drinking 3 beers and later blew a .19 on a breathalyzer ... more than twice the legal limit in California.

Cora later released a statement, saying “I deeply regret my decision to drive that evening after my designated driver became unavailable. I learned a very important lesson from this experience and take full accountability for my actions.”

But she wasn't so cool-headed when the driver of other car started recording her ... moments after the crash. Cat angrily called the driver a sad "nerd" with no life.

The driver tells TMZ, he recorded Cora on his camera phone because he believed she was drunk and wanted the video as evidence.

We reached out to Cat's camp for comment on the video. They sent us the same statement she previously released.

Jordan

How can this Possibly be CAT CORA fault if the Paparazzi did not follow her she never would have got into the accident. It is the paperazzi fault.

scoopie

no cabs were available either?

Lydia

Dag Cat Cora say it isn't so...but it is the video proves it!!

DaveT

Allez cuisine!

Nate

She's such a natural beauty. On TV they always put too much makeup on her. Also 3 beers is nothing.

Nate

lol it took me 2 seconds to see the homegirl is plastered! 3 beers my ass. 3 beers and a bottle of wine maybe.

EatMe

Americans always bring shame to the Iron Chef title. They have no sense of honor. First Bobby Flay jumped up onto his cutting board and now this. You would never see Chen Kenichi or Masaharu Morimoto in a situation like this. American Iron Chef is a joke. She should be stripped of her title

Symian

I don't believe he recorded her because he knew who she is, because I don't believe most people would know her by either sight or by name. He probably just watched one of the television Judge shows at some point, because ALL of the TV judges tell people to take photos or video at an accident scene. If you don't, it all comes down to he said, she said, and the always fun "I wasn't driving, my friend was."

But what is funny to me is that she thinks "nerd" is still an insult. She'll probably Tweet about it later. ;)

obama'saracist

I love cat I think she is hot sweet and saucy,but she is the one who should be mad at herself and own what she did and all the **** that goes with it

charley

three beers and the bitch blew a .19,....she was lying......and kudos to the guy filming....he knew he needed evidence, cause this bitch and her lawyer would lie thru their teeth....i have video recording equpiment in my car......records all actiuvity around my car...that goes straight to my computer at home or work, and thats how it will be from now on!

Justin

Drunk or not I would drill her like her name was Gulf of Mexico.

ShrinkWrap

Did she happen to mention how big the three beers were?

JDUB

.19 for 3 beers? No freaking way. It would take like 6 martinis in an hour, even for her, to get that high of a reading. People always say that. "Oh, I just had a couple". Or "I just had two drinks".

Straight Talkin Texan

She does a good impression of an indignant b!tch. I just lost any respect I had for her. I don't care what her publicity "statement" (probably not even written by her) says, she is a caustic person, and I try to avoid those toxic people as much as possible. The other driver was very smart to videotape her.

bka62223

What ever happened to helpin' a brotha out??? Especially when that brother is as gorgeous as she is. If the damage wasn't bad, I would've said; " tell ya what, give me your insurance information, a signed statement that you bumped into me causing this damage, that it was 100% your fault, park your vehicle and call a cab and you can go your merry way. Or hell, offer to give them a ride home. AND... I speak from experience.... I did just that many years ago with a gal that hit me. My damage was extreme, she didn't want to turn it in, paid cash and everything was fixed beautifully. Happy world!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments