« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ronnie Lott

Aaron Rodgers Should 'Man Up' ... Wear 49ers Jersey!

9/14/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0914-ronnie-lott-aaron-rodgers-gettyGreen Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers needs to "man up" and stop trying to weasel out of the bet he made with Boyz II Men ... this according to NFL Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott.

Lott is no stranger to friendly wagers -- the 49ers legend tells us he used to make similar fun bets with Huey Lewis back in his playing days ... and would always HONOR them when he lost.

And since Aaron lost his bet with B2M -- and should have to wear an Alex Smith 49ers jersey -- Lott tells us the QB needs to pay up soon ... or else it could haunt him later in the season.

“I have a feeling it will bother him the next time he plays the Niners. If they meet again this season, it will bother him.” SF and GB aren't scheduled to play against each other during the regular season -- but many expect them to face off in the NFC Championship game.

Lott tells us he wouldn't be surprised if Boyz II Men gave Rodgers a shot at a "double-or-nothing" bet later this year to clear his debt.

Still , Lott says, "This is not over ... you know it's not over."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Lauren

I think that TMZ is missing the part where this isn't a real story... You guys keep posting this stuff like you're butthurt. Who cares if he wears the stupid Jersey? The guy just started his season and you want to try to shame him? Bad sportsmanship.

Margie B. Pierce

Im making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do, Read More

John

TMZ get a clue. He is a huge 49'er fan.. he grew up in NorCal and would have no issue wearing it.. If I remember right he wanted to be drafted by the 9er's

If you idiots clearly his contract won't allow it. Only total retards would not know about non competes and other causes a team can put on him during his contract. Stop with the crap..

It really shows how little your so called experts know.

DaveT

Ronnie Lott kicked ass as a 49ers player, miss that old 80/90's team, and Huey Lewis has always been a cool cat....and Lott's right about Rogers, it's sitting in the back of his mind that he lost the bet and that people are talking about him backing out like a chicken....baaaaawk bawk bawk bawk baaaaaaawk bawk bawk bawk ;D

LasVegasResidency

NINERS BABY!!!!!! Ronnie Lott = Legend!!!

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes! Aaron Rodgers= weasel.

Phishie from Philly

I like boys that like boys.

btyqwnfrommars

If he placed a bet in Vegas?I am sure there are rules preventing him from doing so. It doesn't look like the guys from Boys II Men are making a big deal about the bet. Why the hell do all of you people care?

sue k

just saying put a helmet on ellen degeneres and she and aaron rodgers look like twins

Rick JAmes

need to learn to spell Bets

Brooke

If he would have won, you know he would have made the Boyz II Men singer carry through on his obligations. Aaron Rogers is right, MAN UP and don't be a welcher.

sourlemmon

HE is not gonna wear one of those jerseys- every one needs to get off the Packer Hater wagon!!!!

Carol L

A bet is a bet and a man isn't a man if he doesn't honor his bets.

BonitaBeaver

I like this stuff, pay up Rogers!

WhatThe

If I remember correctly, didn't Rodgers put on a USC jersey after he loss a bet with Clay Matthews over who was going to win between USC & Oregan State. Of course, USC ended up winning and Rodgers did put on USC gear. I think this was last year.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments