« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Packers T.J. Lang

Curses Out Refs

Dares NFL to Fine Him

9/25/2012 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Green Bay Packers
guard T.J. Lang must love throwing away money -- 'cause after last night's disastrous ending to the Packers-Seahawks game, he blasted the refs with a tweet that's gonna cost him a ton o' cheese.

In case you missed what EVERYONE is talking about ... Monday Night Football ended with the biggest blown call in NFL history -- the Packers intercepted a Seahawks Hail Mary pass in the endzone, but the replacement refs (unbelievably) said Seattle's Golden Tate simultaneously caught it ... thereby screwing the Packers.

Lang immediately hit up his Twitter page after the game, saying ... "Got f**ked by the refs.. Embarrassing. Thanks nfl"

0925_tjlang_twitter-01
Knowing full well that tweet would cost him ... Lang followed up with, "F**k it NFL.. Fine me and use the money to pay the regular refs."

No word yet from Commissioner Roger Goodell's office on just how much Lang will be fined -- it WILL be a lot.

But considering how badly the refs blew the call, we gotta ask ...

0925_questionable_catch_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Celeb Gossip Addict

I'm not a fan of either team, but that call was insane. Is it against the rules for them to reverse the call after the fact? Like today?

fast34me

The refs didn't blow the call. It's not a catch until you make contact with the ground. Both player had possession with a line judge and a back judge awarding possession to opposing players. In a simultaneous catch, which this was, according to the white hat ref, the passing team gets the catch and the TD ruling stands. Eric Davis supported the call. Either way the call goes, the talking heads are 'eating cheese'! Couldn't resist....

royalredus

Agreed - it was nuts. I would not blame those players a bit if they start boycotting. This is such crap, and those refs are unquestionably changing the outcome of games.

MadCharles

Let's call it what it is. Scabs playing with scabs. The NFL Players Union is to blame for being soft and me first. The idea each on field element has their own contract has the American union fathers rolling over in their grave.
When a trucker goes out they all go out.

keri

**** that, Seahawks had that. No one ever bitched this bad when we got screwed in the super bowl against Pittsburgh. They call bogus calls on Seattle all the time. That and you have to listen to dumbass announcers the whole time. The packers should have better sportsman ship.

KnuckleDragger

The NFL is starting to turn into a Jerry Springer show.

Mike

I'm surprised the Packers came back out for the PAT. I would've thought they'd just get on the bus and leave to protest those (there were a couple) ridiculous calls

Hammer

Jennings had both hands on the ball the entire time. Tate had one hand on it the whole time but his right hand came off then came back. The book says "simultaneous catch by both players goes to the passer". And I'm a Bears fan. Even if I hated a team, I wouldn't take a free hand out.

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE

Ouch use the money to pay the regular refs hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude is right

Melissa1987

Roger Goodell is in hiding

Rob

GB had no problems with the horrible officiating last season, oh wait, thats because all the calls were in their favour. Karma sucks doesn't it GB.

Rob

Oh and if both the receiver and defender both come down with the ball it remains in the possession of the receiver.

lissabirdie

TERRIBLE!!! terrible terrible... wheres my terrible towel at...cuz I would throw it at them... I wouldn't do it but I wouldnt doubt if these refs start or have gotten death threats. I am from Wisconsin and WE SHOULD HAVE WON THIS GAME!

Quinn

These refs s.u.c.k. b.a.l.l.s. - Big fat hairy sweaty nasty ones.

Fuck Celebrities