Birdman

Lil Wayne Is In

Elvis' League

9/27/2012 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0927_birdman_lil_wayne_getty
Lil Wayne is in the same league as ELVIS PRESLEY -- so says the man who co-founded Young Money Cash Money Billionaires with the rapper.

In case you didn't know, Lil Wayne surpassed the King of Rock and Roll on Billboard's Hot 100 chart today -- a record that's stood uncontested since 1958.

Now Bryan "Birdman" Williams tells TMZ, "This is a true milestone in Lil Wayne's career and the legacy of YMCMB. Surpassing Elvis Presley is a testament to Wayne's creativity and innovation in music over the years."

Elvis originally set the record with 108 songs on the list -- including the legendary "Surrender," "Burning Love," "Stuck on You," and "A Big Hunk o' Love." He shaped modern music.

But with Lil Wayne’s appearance as a featured artist on the Game’s new song “Celebration” ... Weezy now has 109 ... on his 30th birthday no less.

mousetrap

Lil Wayne is a lot more creative than Elvis. And it pains me to say that because I hate hip hop and rap and the whole culture that goes along with it. But almost anyone is more creative than Elvis. Elvis was wayyyy overrated.

devilgirl

YO! A shout out to my homegirl, Det.LaTarded, I wrote a love song specially for you.

YO! YO! YO! YEEEEEEEAH, YO, YO, YO YEEEEEAH.

Xoxo

First of all, Lil Wayne WISHES he had a DROP of talent Elvis had!! He is an ugly trashbag who will NEVER be in the ranks of someone like Elvis!! And who the hell is this Birdman anyway?!?! I may only be 24 but I know what REAL, GOOD music is....and Wayne is FAR from good!

sykofun

no, it is not due to any talent this turd has. This 'thing' is completely void of that. Thank all the moronic brain dead idiots that listen to this crap

KrullMaster

Are you REALLY trying to compare ELVIS with Wayne......Seriously....!!???

john

elvis didnt have the opportunity to sell on itune douche bags

DaFuq

Why the hell does being a "featured" artist count as being on the Billboard's hot 100. It should only count if you are the main artist of the song. smh

TexasAMH

Say what you will about Lil Wayne, but Elvis NEVER wrote any of his own music, and Lil Wayne has.

Nikki

Since you said "creative" and not talented I would definitely say Lil Wayne. I hate the guy but he is really weird from the whole body of tattoos to his constant referring to himself as an alien. I think you could call that creativity lol.

dgamin

No talent ass clown. Lil Wayne shouldnt legally be allowed to make his so-called music.

Boop

He's a disgusting show of wealth. Nothing to back up his speak, or what he says is true. I don't know one song.

Rich

Who buys his crap. Oh ya I think I know!!!

Cinner

Wow. Elvis died at a young age.

Carl

Big deal. Rappers are incapable of singing a song on their own. When it is standard practice to get anyone and everyone to sing on your album of course you are going to get an inflated number of "hits".

the 99%

now you gotta pay your fair share You didn't do that anyway cash money boys Pay your fair share and show us your tax returns