« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Warren Sapp

My Bankruptcy Case

Is Dunzo!

9/27/2012 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0926_warren_sapp_tmz
NFL legend Warren Sapp finally has some financial news he can celebrate -- a federal judge just wiped out a giant chunk of his overwhelming debt ... by discharging the football star from his bankruptcy case.

TMZ broke the story -- Sapp filed for chapter 7 back in April, claiming he owed more than $6.7 million to creditors, but only had $6.45 million in assets ... which included 240 Air Jordans, a lion skin rug and a boxing glove signed by Muhammad Ali.

A Florida judge decided Sapp's financial house was in order ... and discharged him from bankruptcy on September 24.

But the NFL star's not completely out of the woods -- he's still on the hook for hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax debt, child support and alimony ... which was NOT covered by his Chapter 7 filing.

Hey, it's a start.

0927_warren_sapp_shoe_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jordan

Another Goverment program that needs to go does that debt that was wiped out considered income and does he have to pay taxes on it.

LRT

Another athlete living above his means... You can't fix stupid! Now how impressed is he with himself?

LuvMyLife

Yeah of course he id debt free but once again we average Americans has to cover his out of control spending habits with our tax dollars.

billy

Wow... another idiot who can't manage his money... good luck Warren, you're going to need it.

BW

Easy come, easy go

GabyO

Another broke ass fool! Lived large now your bald ass needs to get a job

lat

Another HUGE reason that the financial situation of this country sucks! Who covers what he can't pay? YOU AND ME! Yet, he still makes an incredibly good living with his new job while I still make $9.00 and now have to cover his bills as well! Only in America!

Patrice

thats what his sorry nasty looking self get. he looks like a sorry piece of SAPP off a tree. they need to lock his ass up n cut off that nasty ass dick.

judy767

My mothers neighbour is working part time and averaging $9000 a month. I'm a single mum and just got my first paycheck for $6546! I still can't believe it. I tried it out cause I got really desperate and now I couldn't be happier. Heres what I do, Be84.com

Tikki

I love you Warren but you're an idiot! Really 240 of jordans? COME ON MAN!!! You went to college and I hope they taught you more than just to play football! You got to do better. Damn!

Tracker