Johnny Depp

Surprise Appearance

at Native American Parade

9/29/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

092912_johnny_depp_launch_v2
Johnny Depp
is an honorary member of the Comanche Indian tribe, so it should come as no surprise he showed up at Comanche Nation Fair today in Oklahoma ... except for the fact the tribe didn't publicize his appearance at all.

The 21st Annual Comanche Nation Fair is being held this weekend in Lawton, OK ... and none of the locals knew Depp would be there today. We're told the tribe wanted to keep Depp's appearance a secret so the parade (where he served as Grand Marshall) was not bombarded with people there just to see Johnny.

As you can see from the video, they succeeded admirably.

Depp was named an honorary member of the tribe back in May, partly due to the fact he is playing Tonto in the upcoming "Lone Ranger" movie.

GabyO

Please Johnny, stop dressing like a fool.

Regina

this role should go to a Native American actor. God knows there are plenty of them.. I think that Johnny Depp is just trying to kiss up to the Native American community by taking a role that should have went to one of their own
He still needs to take a bath and shave. He looks like a junkie that came right out of the crack house. He still creeps me out. He hasn't done any thing normal since 21 Jump Street. All he does is bizarro crap.

Jose_Diaz

It wasn't that secretive, people at my school were all talking about going to the fair to go see him. My brothers wife went and seen him, so it wasn't that big of a secret lolololllll

Little_Leota

It's great to see someone or more than one someones know how to keep a secret! Glad they didn't tell and it didn't leak out.

Brandy Herron.

but there were RUMORS for 2 weeks that he would b here.

Sloane

Jay Silverheels played Tonto on the TV series
and he was 100% Canadian Mohawk Frist Nations
...
but by today`s Hollywood casting they probably wouldn`t even let hi audition for the role!

hillgal

I used to like Depp before he pulled stake and left his family. He got way too full of himself....now I am not interested in anything he does.

Jennifer

It was great to see him today. My kids were so excited to get to meet him. He gave a great speech about not losing our culture and let the kids ask questions. It was amazing and my kids are tickled pink that they get to tell their friends they got to meet a movie star!!

MajNa

Johnny Depp, you are number 1 in my book. You are ALWAYS THERE FOR THE PEOPLE! Thanks for sharing your time, money and attention.

hollie

That's my hometown, and if he was promoting a movie, that's not the town he'd go to do it. He probably thought..wow what a depressing town with so many meth heads. Definitely gave that city a bit to talk about.

Woot

I lust you, Johnny!

Kim Goedde

Johnny Depp is one strange cat. For positive only celebrity news visit my new site www.kimzhollywoodlist.com

BrAnBa

I´ve always liked Johnny Depp and having spent some time in Hollywood as a filmproducer, I talked to people who have worked with him. There was nothing but good words, everyone saying he has the biggest of hearts. He gives away loads of money to different Native American causes but most often under an alias.

Spicy mag

I don't see any Indians.

Tommy G.

YOU DO REALIZE OF COURSE THAT IT IS BAD JUJU TO HAVE A DEAD RAVEN ON YOU.REMEMBER WOUNDED KNEE.ONE PERSON HAS TRAGICALLY DIED ON THIS SET SINCE FILMING HAS STARTED.EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE MANY PEOPLE AROUND YOU,YOU WILL FOREVER WALK THE EARTH ALONE.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments