Anderson Cooper

Rips Star Jones

Gay Announcement Was No Ratings Ploy

10/4/2012 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

100412_cooper

Anderson Cooper just BLASTED Star Jones ... claiming the former "View" host was talking out of her lying, irrelevant ass when she claimed Anderson's gay announcement was a ratings ploy.

Cooper was shooting a segment of "Anderson Live" with Bravo bigshot Andy Cohen ... when Cohen asked A.C. if he felt any different after coming out publicly back in July.

That's when Anderson dropped the truth bomb:

"I will say and I actually haven't mentioned this, the only thing that did kind of annoy me and actually it annoyed my mom who brought it up to me, Star Jones of all people."

He continued, "I haven't thought about Star Jones in I don't know how long. I was unaware she was even on TV still ... but she apparently shows up on a morning show."

"Out of the blue Star Jones ... said this was a ratings ploy by me to boost ratings."

On the show, which airs today, Cooper says Jones couldn't have been more wrong -- 'cause he was on assignment in Africa when he decided to quietly make the announcement in an email to a journalist friend, who posted the letter online.

"If I was wanting to boost ratings, I would have waited to announce it on 'A Very Special Episode' that would have been promo'd for weeks and weeks and there would have been commercials ... 'Anderson's Huge Announcement.'"

"As memory serves, in terms of boosting ratings, I seem to recall [Star] hocking her wedding every single day to get free products when she was on 'The View' and I seem to recall her lying about her gastric bypass surgery and making everybody else lie about it as well. So for her to suddenly emerge out of the shadows and suddenly attack me for this, I couldn't believe it."

Cooper says he invited Star to his show to discuss her comments, but she turned him down.

"I would think she would want as much publicity as possible given her penchant for wanting publicity."

Snap.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

StarryStarryNight

everything coop does is for ratings.

stef

So says Star Jones...the pig who lied about gastric bypass and then did a "Kate Gosselin" for months and begged for free handouts from companies for her wedding...her wedding to a GAY man. Ah...there it is...the reason she despises AC coming out...he's as gay as her ex husband...

MISERABLE66

Tear that fat b*tch down!!!! That moron Star married a gay man!!

Mumra the Ever Living

Star Jones is still on TV? Really? Why is she on and exactly who would watch her?
Anderson Cooper really didn't have to come out of the closet. Everyone already knew - it was the kind of thing that didn't have to be announced, because it was kind of already acknowledged.

Carol L

It's Star Jones. She is no longer relevant. She probably never was.

Jay W.

It appears A.C. isn't the only gay person in this clip.

Phil Mcl

It sure was for ratings.

Jac

Oh no she didn't. *snaps*

Dina Lohan

Dear Starlet,
Your gay ex-husband called. He wants his butt plug back.
Love,
Dina

TheTruth

Did anyone see Obama get his butt kicked in the debate last night? The guy is in so far over his head it's laughable. Half of his answers were nonsensical. He was pissed because he couldn't defend his policies. This country can't get this guy out of office fast enough. I can't wait to see the second debate and I can't wait to see Ryan tear Biden a new one. Hopefully, this country will get back on track soon. Lastly, being gay is not natural. It's gross.

STFUP

Jones is a nobody has-been who lied for over a year about having gastric bypass surgery to help her lose weight.
Who gives a damn what she thinks? Not me.

pak1

That's right Anderson read that bovine

furious cupcakes

It's his story to tell however the F* he sees fit. What is Star Jones his mother? Why she feels like she's in some sort of position to put people she has nothing to do with in check is frightening and completely neurotic. Go see a therapist weirdo. I'm sure he wasn't exactly thrilled having to expose his biggest secret to the world of savages, so any way he felt like he could get through it, is ok. Live and Let Live.

Fantastic Four

That's because Anderson Cooper is a racist and hates black people.

He's never had a single black person at any of his parties and he's never had a black boyfriend.

MADE MAN

I mean give her a break!!! Not Cooper I'm talking about star. At the end of the day she said what she felt. It's not like she bashed him for being gay

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments