Lindsay Lohan

ARRESTED FOR FIGHTING

11/29/2012 1:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1129142_lohan_arrested_nyc

Lindsay Lohan was ARRESTED at 4 AM Thursday in New York City for allegedly punching a woman at a New York City nightclub ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Our sources say Lohan was at Club Avenue when she got into some sort of argument with a female patron and it became physical.  We're told cops came and arrested Lindsay for allegedly assaulting her.

Law enforcement tells us prior to the fight words were exchanged between Lindsay and the woman as they sat in separate booths near each other.  Lindsay said something to the effect of, "Give me my space."  Some time passed and then, for some reason, Lindsay allegedly punched the girl in the left side of her face.

1130_lindsay_victim_04_Splash
We're told by the time cops arrived Lindsay had left the club and was a passenger in a car that was leaving the area.  Cops intercepted the car and made the arrest.

While Lohan was in cuffs, she kept repeating, "Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me?"

Lindsay was booked for 3rd degree misdemeanor assault, given a desk appearance ticket (meaning she must show up in court in the near future) and released several hours after she was taken into custody.  Law enforcement says she was "visibly tired" at the station.

We're told investigators went back to the club looking for security footage of the alleged altercation.

112912_lindsay_leaving_station_launch
And this isn't Lindsay's only legal problem.  TMZ broke the story ... she is about to be charged with lying to cops in June after her car accident on Pacific Coast Highway.  She told them she was a passenger in the Porsche when actually she was driving.

And, if Lindsay is formally charged with the latest crime, it could trigger yet another probation violation.

Story developing ...

Firefly

Sung to London Bridges falling down.
~
Lindsay Lohans going down
going down, going down
Lindsay Lohans going down
She did the crime.
~
Take a key and lock her up
Lock her up lock her up
Take a key and lock her up
It's about time.

awesomewave

Hey look, it's the I DIDN'T DO IT girl again.

Its Nikki Bitches

UPDATE 7AM ET: We're told Lindsay is still at the police station getting booked for third degree misdemeanor assault, and she's "visibly tired."

Its Nikki Bitches

Should I keep calling Maddy till she wakes up ??

Firefly

Gee I can't stop smiling this big sh!t eating grin. I was just asked what did I do? Now that's funny.

Truth

OH MAN... JUST KEEP THE BITCH IN PRISON. SOME BITCHES ARE SAFER WITH BARS AROUND TO KEEP THEM FROM GETTIN OUT THAN VICE-VERSE. CHECK LESLO... NYC PO-PO THIS AINT NO LA WHERE MONEY TALKS LESLO WALKS. #TRUTH!!

Its Nikki Bitches

OMG!! My BFF is in the 10th. BRB making a call

Amy

UGH This stupid bitch is once again arrested, if my ass had been arrested as much as this bitch has, I would have been sitting in jail a LONG time ago

Swtpea

This girl needs to sit in jail for awhile, maybe that'll reboot her brain and straighten her crazy ass out.

marymac

Wonder what her BAC is

ketjo

What's 3rd third degree misdemeanor assault. ?
and is it better or worse then 1st or 2nd....but really does it matter ? ........at this point any arrest is a violation of her probation....

Mary

Out clubbing at 4am, good one Lilo. If she had been charged with lying to the cops, she wouldn't be in NYC. She learned nothing, she is nothing but a spoiled brat. She will spin this arrest, that it was the other girls fault. She looks tired, drunk and high is more like it.

Don in D.C.

It seems that Ms Lohan would be the perfect actress when they make a movie about Casey Anthony.

LieHoShouldBeInJail

That's Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sautner of LA County.
Of course she'll be as lenient to you or I if one of us decides to take a $2500 item from a store "without permission".

STFUP

Oh my God. Yes. YES!
Let her face the judge with TWO probation violations. That would be perfect.
It's the best scenario yet where she might get some actual jail time (I'm talking weeks, not hours). She really needs it to wake her stupid a** up. She just isn't getting it - clearly.