« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NBA Star Kenyon Martin

'Basketball Wives' is

'Toxic To Your Soul'

11/30/2012 6:11 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

113012_k_martin_launch
Unemployed NBA superstar Kenyon Martin is not a fan of "Basketball Wives" ... telling TMZ it not only depicts NBA players in a false light, but explains, "That sh*t is toxic to your soul."

Martin -- who played in the league from 2000 to 2012 -- was leaving the Roxbury nightclub in Hollywood last night when we asked how he felt about the VH1 reality show, which stars some of his colleagues ... and K-Mart didn't hold back.

"I don't watch that sh*t man ... that sh*t is toxic to your soul to watch that sh*t man."

He continued, "I've been married man ... that [show] doesn't depict anything that went on in my household ... f**k that show."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

CriticXtreme

I BEEN SAYING THIS FOR THE LONGEST. PLUS ITS DESTROYING THE BLACK RACE! THESE RATCHET FOLKS GET A TV SHOW BECAUSE THEY LAID ON THEIR BACKS? HERE'S A MORE TOXIC SHOW, A CAST OF BLACK FEMALE STRUTTERES WITH BRACES!

Achilles

TMZ is lame for calling this guy a NBA superstar. He doesn't even play in the NBA right now. You suck to much dic TMZ.

Ms_CHeLLe

Really K-Mart? I don't think they said anything about that's how ALL NBA MEN are. I'm sure its some good ones out there. You must be offended and not like the show because you're maybe feeling a lil guilty. Its entertaining, funny, thats why I watch it....lol @ destroying the black race at this fool down below me...? Now that statement is HILARIOUS.

joclo

Only insecure black ppl who wish they were white hate this show. Black women are the best and are often copied no matter how they act. BBW MIAMI is the best! Please cancel La!

joclo

Best show ever! The Miami one is the best please cancel LA! Black women are the best! Keep doing it Shaunie!

still2easy

TMZ-it website is workin like crap 2day

neglky

Thats why most intelligent men stay away from "black american women" they do give all black women a bad name.

Sincerity

Kenyon Martin is entitled to "HIS" opinion. Frankly, I don't watch this show because it sends the "WRONG MESSAGE" about the priorities of African Americans, in general. HE'S RIGHT!!! IT'S TOXIC!!!

D

I agree with him! Never watched it, never will.

FukUall6787

i don't blame you kmart that sh1t is stupid and mostly for black women who are gold diggers any way and just love to hear whats going on in their private lives and love all the baby mama drama SMDH

joey1978

Watch all these fellow knucklehead goes stick up for this show on here. I see black women trying to be like these ghetto hoes all they time!!! And they be at the bus stop with their long fame nails fake hair and a Gucci purse. Which is probably real. By made in China standards.

joey1978

The same dummies who watch that show are the same ones who vote for anything black without any research.

SchoolTheRookies

That show is corny, a ridiculous depiction of marraige and relationships and shameful to the African American community. Despite me saying that many black and spanish women I know watch it for "entertainment". I was very bored one day and tried to see what could possibly interes me about that show, and just like I thought there was nothing that did. I saw a former NBA player with his estranged wife and it was repulsive the way they interacted with each other. All she cared about is his money, there was never any love there. I couldn't even see more than 10mins, it gave me a violent feeling inside.

W.A.R.

Once again --- the Crack (On Crack) don't have a clue Editorial Staff whom allegedly oversees writing at TMZ CANNOT distinguish between sports superstars, stars, and those who are pretty much ordinary players. FOR THE RECORD TMZ: Kenyon Martin -- though known for tremendous leaping, dunking and rebounding abilities early in his career -- is NOT A SUPERSTAR. He's been a player with star qualities who only once made the NBA AllStar Game as starter in 2004 while with the Nets. He never truly loved up to his potential, despite his physical gifts. LeBron James -- Kobe Bryant -- Dwyane Wade ---these guys are SUPERSTARS!!

myopinion

He's got a point there that show does not depict a real Basketball Wife those woman are trashy they remind me of a gold digger or video whore!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments