« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

KC Chiefs Jovan Belcher

Girlfriend's Family

Never Saw Problems

12/1/2012 9:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Jovan Belcher's Girlfriend Kasandra PerkinsKansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher and girlfriend Kasandra Perkins were an extremely happy couple ... this according to Kasandra's family, who says news of the alleged murder/suicide this morning came as an "utter shock."

Members of Kasandra's family tell TMZ ... Jovan and Kasandra always seemed to be in love. In fact, we're told when Kasandra got pregnant, she and Jovan were "ecstatic." The family says ever since the baby was born in September, the two couldn't have seemed happier together.

The 22-year-old's family says they have NO IDEA why the relationship took a tragic turn this morning -- when Jovan allegedly shot and killed Kasandra before taking his own life -- and news of their deaths was both devastating and unexpected.

Jovan started playing with the Chiefs in 2009 -- and Kasandra, who is originally from Texas moved to Missouri to be with him.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Onesidedmindsuck

Continued...when it will show its ugly head. Look @ all the crazy things from ppl eating the face off of others, gruesome killings,suicides of wealthy seemingly happy ppl the devil is busy

Buffy1

This whole thing is a tragedy, my daughter ended up in a bad relationship Ans has a 13 month old from it o saw and new what all took place and eventually my husband and I threw him out I was scared he'd do more than he did and my daughter was always talking to me about stuff so I new what was going on more than he realized which made him mad when I took her side now she's doing great and so is my granddaughter, my point is if you notice something that's not right don't be blind and ignore it just because someone was cool and nice in high school don't mean they are the same person I wonder if this could've been prevented,my prayers are with her family especially hee 3 month old daughter its all so so sad.

Buffy1

Ppl can seem nice in a crowd but once alone and away from the crowd they can be a different person there had to be more to it than what ppl are opening up about I don't believe her going to a concert was the only thing wrong.

Emma

The first thing that many people do when their hero turns out to be not such a hero after all is slander the victim. It's much easier than trying to address the irrational violence that so many men commit against their partners and families. My heart goes out to the victim, her child and his mother who witnessed this horrific crime. It's deeply offensive and unjust that public memorials are being held for this man. Attempting to excuse or justify violence only perpetuates it further.

Emma

The first thing that many people do when their hero turns out to be not such a hero after all is slander the victim. It's much easier than trying to address the irrational violence that so many men commit against their partners and families. My heart goes out to the victim, her child and his mother who witnessed this horrific crime. I think it's deeply offensive and unjust that public memorials are being held for this man. Attempting to excuse or justify violence only perpetuates it further.

Brenda

This situation is so very sad for all family members and close friends now a child will have to grow up without her mother or father. You never really know what someone is truly capable of nothing suprises me.

Whatever1

Sad just sad.

BMoreCareful

There is more to this story. I'm pretty sure the details will leak out. It's not what it seems on the surface

Ldezoman

When I first heard this story it devestated me and I dont know these people from a can of paint, but these tragedies impact us all. What that guy did was insane but I want to stress to you, that all of us are towing that fine line of snapping at some point its the society we live in. im not condoning what this mad man did but he was young she was younger some females can press a guy buttons maybe tjr kid wasnt his maybe she been sleeping around who knows maybe he was just mentally disturbed but one thing for sure this idnt happen for nothing.... Thr truth will come out but the sad thing is it wont matter and it shouldnt , if your not happy with the one your with do you and the other a favor LEAVE save your life and the spouse.

kevin

I blame the woman for driving him insane.

jubee37

There is No excuse for what he did!!!

Bubbles24

What a stupid jerk my god! I feel so sorry for that girl and her family. Can't say the same for the murderer why didn't he just kill his own stupid self why did he have to kill an innocent person first? God. He looks like a gorilla, what a sicko. I spit on your grave, you heartless gorilla.

ns1228

Why are people making rude comments. Two people are dead and a baby has lost its parents. Stfu and keep your comments to yourself

Disgustedwtf

What a stupid jerk my god! I feel so sorry for that girl and her family. Can't say the same for the murderer why didn't he just kill his own stupid self why did he have to kill an innocent person first? God. He looks like a gorilla, what a sicko. I spit on your grave, you hearless gorilla.

karen

There obviously can be no reason severe enough
to kill the mother of a baby, whether it is yours or not.
Suicide is the supreme selfish act, but to combine it
with the murder of a young mother is unthinkable.