« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Nick Lachey Accuser

He Choked Me And

Called My Wife a B*tch

12/4/2012 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

120312_nick_lachey_shove_launch
Nick Lachey isn't just a heckler ... he CHOKED a San Diego Chargers fan at Qualcomm Stadium on Sunday and called the guy's wife a "f**king b*tch" ... this according to multiple people involved in the incident ... but Nick says it's all BS.

TMZ has obtained new video ... which shows Lachey getting aggressive with a Chargers fan who was wearing an Igor Olshansky #99 jersey (Igor played for SD from 2004 to 2008).

We spoke to the guy in the jersey ... who tells us Lachey and his buddies -- all die-hard Bengals fans -- had been talking trash to him about the jersey for most of the 2nd half of the game.

The Chargers fan says Lachey made one particularly offensive comment about Olshansky that crossed the line ... and that's when the fan's wife shot back to Nick, "Well, he lasted longer than your boy band."

We're told Lachey flipped out and called the wife a "f**king b*tch" ... along with "a host of other profanities."

Tensions exploded ... and the Chargers fan says Nick lunged towards him ... grabbed him by the throat and shoved him to the ground. The fight can be seen in the footage obtained by TMZ.

As we previously reported, stadium security quickly responded and ejected Nick and his buddies. The Chargers fans were NOT asked to leave.

After the incident, Nick went to Twitter and BRAGGED about the situation -- saying, "Just got kicked out of the chargers stadium and couldn't be prouder! Go Cincy Bengals."

He later acknowledged the altercation ... tweeting, "i simply don't appreciate someone turning around and putting their finger in my face. call me crazy, but that deserved a reaction."

We're told the Chargers fan plans to file a police report against Lachey.

Nick's rep tells TMZ, “This was a verbal exchange between sports fans of opposing teams that went too far. While Nick isn't proud of what happened, he did not choke anyone or use defamatory language to any women at the stadium -- which the video tape clearly supports."

The rep also says police interviewed Nick outside the stadium and released him without charges.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

acamse

Nick Lachey, in my opinion, is egotistical and self centered. I believe he would get upset about his boyband and I believe he would use profanity. We try and teach our kids to avoid confrontation. He could have ignored the guy and his t-shirt and then gone to an usher if the guy got out of hand. But instead he turned on his machismo. What kind of lesson is that to kids who are there. How are we showing them how to handle a difficult situation without confrontation. Nick needs to grow up.

Turk182

THIS JUST IN: Nick Lachey is still a DOUCHE BAG!

CLINT

What a great comebak, "he lasted longer than your boy band." Must have set his brain on fire.

LizzieBlueEyes

I believe Nick Lachey called the guy's wife an F'n B. I hope the bad publicity from it finally erases him and his no talent dull wife Vanessa Vanilla from gossip sites.

Springbank

OMG and another frivolous lawsuit coming from Gloria. Emotional Distress, Public Humiliation, Harassment etc She will have a hay day with this one. The victim can have a press conference and everything.

MistyFR8879

He's a jerk plain

justagirl

oh nick did something wrong. i knew he wasnt kicked out just for verbal abuse. i can so see him doing this. although i'm not a jessica simpson fan she implied he wasnt that nice to her.and i believed it. i always thought his brother drew seemed nice though.

m

No, you don't need to react just because someone puts their finger in your face. Grow up and be a man, walk away. I guess Nick thinks he's all that because he's a D-list celebrity?

Roberta

well-if you are going to be stupid enough to get yourself in this situation then suffer the consequences of being accused of bullying behavior.

Ms.Jonesy

Come on! You really think the guy would let Nick call his wife a "f**ckin bi*ch?! Really?! SMDH! Nick is of course wrong for escalating the situation but I guarantee that it was handled wrong on BOTH sides.

Bri

Just go to the games and act like u have some home training ... Lol

Demi

Aren't we all tired of those nobodies trying to make a buck with their 15 minites, by parasiting anyone with relevance? Losers go away"

Brown Dragon

I was sitting two seats behind Nick. He and 5 other guys he was with were cool and even joking with other Charger fans during the game.
At one point the female did turn around and say "that was very rude", then her husband turned around and said, "hey, that's my wife. Don't talk to my wife like that" and stood up. He then sat down and a couple other guys in his row stood up. People on both sides started yelling. It seemed like it was blowing out of proportion. Nick was seated when the guy turned around again and said something to him. That's when Nick lunged at him causing the guy to fall out of his seat. There was no time for a "choke." Nick's group started leaving on their own before security arrived. The wife wasn't there at the time because she went up to complain to the usher. She came back later and said she and her husband were getting kicked out because "I guess that was Nick Lachey." So how could she have said anything about his "boy band" if she didn't know who he was??...anyway that's what I saw and heard. Nick's back was to me and he was blocking my view of the fan so idk what happened there. I offered up my video but no one ever got back to me....guess it's old news now.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7