Michael Jackson's

Driver's License

Stone-Faced Stare

12/24/2012 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1221_2michael_jackson_driverslicense
TMZ has obtained the last driver's license photo Michael Jackson ever took -- a big change from the singer's cheery license photo from the 1980s.

The latest photo was taken in 2005 -- four years before the King of Pop's untimely death -- and you can tell from the harrowing image ... MJ had become a tortured soul.

1221_subasset_michael_jackson_driverslicense
An image of MJ's 1980s driver's license was released by the FBI shortly after Michael died -- as part of the agency's massive file on the singer. The Bureau compiled the dossier during its investigation into child sex allegations involving the singer back in the 90s.

1221_2subasset_michael_jackson_driverslicense
As you can see, Michael was a much different person back then -- smiling brightly for his photo at the DMV.

Of course, it's not like MJ ever put the license to much use -- he was pretty much exclusively chauffeured around, especially in the later years of his life.

MiMi

Well, I see Katie10 has morphed back into Ali again. LoL

Anyhoo, just another non-story by TMZ. I mean who hasn't had a photo that was taken by the DMV turn out unflattering?

pffffttt....

LISA

TMZ ... It's Christmas eve. Michael is gone, but his family and children are not. This is pointless and mean spirited .... especially when it's possible his family may come across this 'article'.

Janed

Anything at all to make Michael Jackson look bad right Harvey? Is this your Merry Xmas gift to the Jackson kids? Michael Jackson made you without him you would be a broke former lawyer.

tonifromla

MJJ was happy until the press started harassing him.

dovescry84

The Face of an UN-Happy Man.

Synonyms: bad, blue, brokenhearted, cast down, crestfallen, dejected, depressed, despondent, disconsolate, doleful, down, downcast, downhearted, down in the mouth, droopy, forlorn, gloomy, glum, hangdog, heartbroken, heartsick, heartsore, heavyhearted, inconsolable, joyless, low, low-spirited, melancholic, melancholy, miserable, mournful, saddened, sorrowful, sorry, sad, woebegone, woeful, wretched..

The End.

Georgiagirl

Michael was a born performer and to that end he was greatness. He put his heart in his music and to this day I don't go more than a week without putting on "Lady In My Life" and "Off The Wall" my two favorite MJ songs. His voice was just so smooth. I love Michael the singer. His personal life is just that, personal. I don't know why he changed his looks, I personally don't believe he molested anyone, and I try to keep my opinion of him confined to his career as I have no personal knowledge of his life outside of it.

Cran

HEY TIMZ!!! IS THIS FUN FOR YOU AT CHRISTMAS? WHY THIS STORY? WHY TODAY? ABSOLUTELY BRAIN DEAD OVER THERE! YOU HAVE NO CLASS AND AN UNCONSCIONABLE DESIRE TO MAKE GOSSIP AT ANYONE'S EXPENSE EVEN A DEAD GUY. YOU SHOULD BE FINED.

Chris

Nobody looks good or asks for an 8x10 of their DMV picture. Why pick on Michael Jackson especially on Christmas Eve - his family does not need to hear about this posting on TMZ. Also this is hardly news worthy!!!

Lucille

Maybe Mike is smiling a little, I can't quite tell but I love it, it's a brilliant picture!

Karma

My God, Michael has been gone for over 3 years. When will you people let him rest in peace! He never did anything to you or anyone else. Leave him alone!

Ben@Nexera

Does any individual have a GOOD authorize photograph? The final one I got they let me know "No grinning." Miss you Michael Jackson Forever

kevin

Michael is freak looking, but anyone who knows anything about music cannot say he was not one of the best ever. he certainly was.

Ashley

Even in death these vultures won't leave him alone. Get a life TMZ freaks. RIP Michael.

Smitty

Please TMZ. Everyone knows that ID photos usually look bad. Who enjoys going to the DMV? I've had people ask me to smile for the photo, and looking at them made me wonder how I could fake that smile. So I just looked at them thinking, "Make this person go away please!"