Richard Simmons

RUN OVER

By Wheel of Misfortune

12/28/2012 10:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

122812_simmons_launch_v4

Richard Simmons
got flat-footed by a driver who, well, let's just say propagated an age-old stereotype.

Richard was outside his Hollywood Hills home Thursday -- chatting with passengers from a tour bus -- when a passing motorist squarely ran over his foot.

The driver -- ok, we'll say it -- an Asian man -- stops his car, walks over to the pained weight loss guru, and apologizes.

Check out what Richard does when the driver leaves.  Hilarious.

update_bar
11:45 AM PT -- Apparently it was more serious than we thought. Richard's rep tells TMZ, the home fitness icon is currently at the hospital getting his injuries checked out. But the rep adds, "He will be fine."

myopinion

I love Richard!

nan

well Richard was a good sport about it.But the driver had already passed Richard, so he was behind the drivers view, when he started backing up without looking .
He must have skimmed the back of his heel

s_megma

There's carte blanche to make fun of Asians. However, Jews, Blacks, Mexicans and Gays are protected groups. You make a remark that can be construed as racist, and there's hell to pay.

Reg

Richard is adorable,love him!

DeeMaree

Richard Simmons rocks!!! Love you Richard!!

Stratcat

I love Richard Simmons. He is a national treasure.

Hi

George Takei ran over Larry Fine from The Three Stooges. Holy crap!

Billy

Looks like Mr. Sulu just ran over another homo's manhood. Could this guy be any more gay and flagrant about it? And how did he get his foot run over? Are they pointed backwards? Well maybe after all the g@y sex he's had they could be.

eicarr

Richard Rocks!!! His good karma will help out his foot.

BB not bb

I am sick of people taking advantage of people who are nice. I don't know if it is Richard's fault or not, but as a driver in a much larger vehicle, you have to anticipate the movements of things you are driving beside. If you know a flaky man is dancing around ahead of you, you shouldn't drive up close behind him. That is careless driving in my book.

Your foot has so many bones that if some get crushed, how are you going to put them back in place? He could end up with pain now for the rest of his life. I don't find humor in this and the fact that Richard thinks he still has to be a cut up no matter how much he is suffering is sad.

I think he needs some sympathy. I am not saying look down on him but realize he feels pain also. He is not just some wind up clown to entertain people.

BB not bb

Always being nice isn't a virtue. It is a high moral failing. The worst crime you can commit is high treason, or aiding and abetting the enemy. God said spare the rod and spoil the child. How come poeple think you have to be nice no matter what? I think this is the source of Richard's mental disfunction.

I like the guy, I think he is funny, but he kind of breaks my heart. It is hard to be tough and stand up for your rights, especially if you are an outgoing and nice person, but if you don't, the world will just run right over you.

spectator72

I remember when he had a crush on David Letterman
That was funny

spectator72

If that was a Kardashian bumped by a car everyone of them would have been life flighted to the nearest Attorney and Hospitals .

pragmatist

uhhhhhhh am I the only one that can see that the ASIAN GUY did NOTHING wrong ?? Richard was flouncing around like he does and walked backward directly into that car without watching what was around him. Driver has NO fault. None. Zero. Richard is 100% at fault.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

What he wearing his foot on backwards? Because that's the only way the car is going to run over his foot. Maybe it was the side mirror on the car that rubbed hard up against his ass in an unusual manner.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments