« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manti Te'o

Mocked Online

'Te'oing!'

1/17/2013 7:23 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0117_manti_teoing_launch
Well, that didn't take long ...

Following in the tradition of Tebowing, owling and planking ... the Internet has given birth to a new trend -- Te'oing ... inspired by the Manti Te'o not-really-dead-girlfriend scandal.

Here's what you do ... put your arm around your invisible girlfriend ... and take a photo.

It's hilarious ... and it's already blowing up.

FYI -- Notre Dame says Manti Te'o will address the media over the scandal later today ... so, stay tuned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

w

w

WOW, how everyone is quick to judge him...how do you not know that maybe he was embarrassed to admit he had an online girlfriend, even with his father saying they met his father could of been lying to spare his son embarrassment. BULLYISM IS ALIVE AND WELL. :-(
NICE WAY FOR THE MSM TO DISTRACT OBAMA'S RECENT BLATANT UNCONSTITUTIONAL GUN BAN BY THROWING THIS NON STORY AT US.

w

I feel bad for him, I hope this all goes away Te, good luck.

Boogie Onerism

justsaying23

HILARIOUS!!!

Slim Whitman

I hope my ole lady doesn't find out about my virtual girl friend on the internet that I have cyber sex with!

Boogie Onerism

Catfish, bingo, eureka, dominoes, jenga, uno, teoing, all great games to play cause no one gets hurt. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sherms

I do feel bad for him. His emotions seem authentic. I sincerely hope nothing comes out saying he played a part of this whole scandal, and knew what was happening. You just never know these days.

Michelle

I hope that boy got good grades while he's in school because he's going to need that degree. No way is an NFL team going to pick him up after this.

Santo

If your "girlfriend" is some fishy-sounding girl you met on the internet, and have never met in person, don't tell everybody that she's your girlfriend. For all you know she could end up being some 50-year old male trucker, assuming she exists at all.

Boogie Onerism

Cry me a river!!!!!

anaenigma4u

Until we know whether or not he was involved in or knew anything about this "fake" girlfriend, I wish people would refrain from making fun of the situation. This could leave someone very emotionally vulnerable - why are people always so quick to make fun of others' myseries????

Starla

This sounds like an insane 'Catfish' episode. Wonder if producers have contacted him already.

I pray it all works out for him.

Pudding Tang

An example of what social media has evolved to with fake accounts. Failbook --- Zuckerberg should be proud.

Nonsense

He's gay and trying to stay in the closet with this made up girlfriend.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments