Whitney Houston's Brother

I Got Whitney

Hooked On Crack

1/29/2013 6:17 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

012913_houston_own_v2

Whitney Houston's brother says HE'S to blame for introducing the singer to drugs like crack cocaine back in the '80s ... not Bobby Brown ... and last night he came clean to Oprah.

Michael Houston sat down with his mother Cissy and spilled his guts to Her Royal O-ness on "Oprah's Next Chapter" ... admitting he was the first person who did drugs with Whitney.

Michael says he feels extremely guilty for Whitney's death -- but says he didn't realize how deadly drugs could be when he first brought them to Whitney's doorstep ... explaining, "You gotta understand at the time ... the '80s ... it was acceptable."

Houston adds, "It's painful ... I feel responsible for what I let go so far."

Whitney died in Beverly Hills last February after a drug binge that included cocaine, Xanax and marijuana.012913_houston_own

chumean

Where's all the Bobby Brown haters that claimed he got her started? Ya'll quiet now! Lol dumbass haters!!! LMAO

Sherron

The mother of Whitney Houston is coming out with a book. Anything to make $!!

William j

CRACK IS WHACK!!!!

cindy

Well, that ain't nothin' to be proud of. (introducing crack to Whitney)

Zarley

oprah will wipe somebody's a$$ just to get them on her show.Mr.Whipple where are you.

The Ghost of John Lennon

I did cocaine for about a year around the time of Sgt. Pepper, Coke and maybe some grass to balance it out. I was never completely crazy with cocaine. I’d been introduced to it and at first it seemed OK, like anything that’s new and stimulating. When you start working your way through it, you start thinking: 'Mmm, this is not so cool an idea,’ especially when you start getting those terrible comedowns! ‘Day Tripper,’ that’s one about acid. 'Lucy in the Sky,’ that’s pretty obvious. There’s others that make subtle hints about drugs, but, you know, it’s easy to overestimate the influence of drugs on the Beatles’ music. Just about everyone was doing drugs in one form or another and we were no different, but the writing was too important for us to mess it up by getting off our heads all the time.

Shah Boogey

WoW. The whole family owes Bobby Brown a huge apology. Sadly he won't get it...

Blue

How could it be his fault that was 30 years ago. He may have been the first to do drugs with her, but I am sure Bobby Brown kept the party rolling. She was an addict and could never stop. Sadly now she is dead.

kisstheringfool

About damn time someone came forward and stop blaming bobby the whole fam prob knew and still blamed bobby

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Way to take responsibility. Being a crackhead was and still is one the lowest of the low and has never been acceptable to anybody except the nastiest streetwalkers and Charlie Sheen.

Parker

Dude gave her the gun that eventually killed her...no better then Dr Murray!

Celebrities Suck

funny how now he has the b@lls to admit it on tv. If Whitney was alive he would have still let the viewers believe that Bobbi Brown was at fault for Whitney addiction. It's all about making money now huh? Selling the story because his sister is no longer around. It's sad how money will make some people dish out some dirt.

Mike

I have a younger sister and I cannot imagine getting drunk with her much less doing freakin' crack cocaine.

Getting your baby sister high on crack for the first time? Usually it is some low life drug dealer that does that, not your big brother. It's just evil to do that. If my mother found out, I'd never be able to face her.

Bobby Brown is hardly innocent in all of this. I hear he was happily doing huge amounts of drugs like crack and marijuana with cocaine mixed into it, etc.

Leighton

You're supposed to get hooked on phonics, not chronic.

YouDontSay

Thank my higher power something in me said stop..get out of the music business or you will be another janis joplin. Coke was like party favors. But Whitney chose to continue and did not have the voice of reason inside her. Today I will kiss the sun knowing I was lucky!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments