« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beyonce

Sings National Anthem LIVE

Suck It, Haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/31/2013 12:00 PM PST UPDATED: 1/31/2013 12:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce was on a mission today to PROVE she can sing the national anthem like a pro – belting out a LIVE version of "The Star-Spangled Banner” moments ago on TV … without the help of a backing track ... and she KILLED IT.

Beyonce was at the news conference for her upcoming Super Bowl halftime show when she launched into the impromptu performance -- and when she finished the song, she simply said, “Any questions?”

During the conference, Bey was asked about the lip-syncing situation at the Presidential Inauguration last week, and she admitted she used a backing track -- claiming, "I am a perfectionist ... I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra [at the Inauguration]. It was a live television show and a very important moment for me."

013113_beyonce_inauguration
Beyonce added, "Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking the risk … so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I’m very proud of my performance."

A reporter then asked Beyonce if she planned to sing live at the Super Bowl, and she replied vaguely, "I always sing live" ... but she didn't say whether she planned to use a backing track as well.

When asked about a possible Destiny’s Child reunion at this Sunday's halftime show – Beyonce hedged on the answer.

So let this settle it once and for all ... girl can sing.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Dank

Does anyone actually care about this idiot? I would hope that a PROFESSIONAL singer can sing when give a week to prepare. TMZ, stop facilitating this media-fed fascination with the most unproductive members of the country.

Mike

SO NOT ONLY A LIP-SYNCER BUT NOW SHE IS A Karaoke SINGER---WOW WHAT A PROFESSIONAL BITCH--

debbie

she is as phoney as the guy she sang for!

Kellym

I don't believe anyone is disputing whether can sing or not. Clearly she is a greatly gifted vocalist. HOWEVER, if she wasn't able to make time to rehearse, she should have declined the invitation to perform! If it was such an important event, she would have MADE time to rehearse. The story sounds fishy....

Simone

SO... she put some vibrato on the notes she couldn't carry, yelled the other parts & whispered a bit. I had a cat that was in heat once, sounded just like that. Just let it go honey.

I pay attention

As usual, 99% of the TMZ writing staff needs too execute themselves in public.

arealtrailblazer

Beyonce lip synced because she knew she could not follow the amazing performance Kelly Clarkson put on ahead of her. Beyonce can blame it on the weather or whatever excuse she comes up with but Kelly crushed her song under the exact same conditions. Goes to show that one is an just another entertainer and the other is an amazing singer.

DooWahDiddy

How could you hate Beyonce, seems pure class. In addition to being beautiful, she married a class act, has a lovely daughter and has never been in any trouble.

KingBey

You people are f*cking idiots. She sang over the track meaning she f*cking sang. You can clearly hear two voices on the video of her singing that was posted by the WSJ. YouTube that sh*t and shut the f*ck up. Beyonce is talented and u can literally suck it.

tamara

Why couldn't she do this in the first place, it was good live. Bad judgement more than bad singing.

Rue Aloud

Desperate much?

Genma23

You know what, whether or not she used a back track or not, it doesnt matter. She sang the song the first time. And at the inauguration she did what she was asked to do: put on a performance. Anything beyond that is moot. Why are we still tripping about this.

Eli7798

I liked the Lip Synced version better! Sorry, not a hater just my honest opinion!

Sunshine702

She's 39 not 32. Her birth certificate was leaked by a Texas civil servant. Beyonce Truther. Lol

Jenny

Kelly Clarkson still managed to sing it live.. it was still an historical moment and she faked it .. if she can just up and sing the song at the last minute in front of media then why couldnt she at the Inauguration