Randy Travis

Sentenced to Rehab

for Drunk Driving, But ...

1/31/2013 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0131_randy_travis_article_mugshot

Country singer Randy Travis has been sentenced to 180 DAYS IN JAIL after pleading guilty to drunk driving in Texas back in August ...  but he probably won't spend a single minute behind bars ... TMZ has learned.

According to the Grayson County District Attorney ...Travis was sentenced to 180 days in jail, but that sentence was probated for 2 years ... meaning if he stays out of trouble for 2 years, he can avoid the slammer.

But if Travis runs afoul of the law, officials can bring Travis in to serve out the 180 days.

Travis must also check in to an inpatient alcohol treatment facility for a minimum of 30 days AND complete 100 hours of community service.

There's more ... Travis must also install an ignition interlock device on any vehicle he drives for 2 years. The IID measures the driver's blood alcohol level and will prevent the engine from starting if the driver is intoxicated.

TMZ broke the story ... Travis was arrested for Driving While Intoxicated on August 7, 2012 ... after cops found him lying naked in the roadway after crashing his car in a construction area in Texas.

0131_dui_mugshot_footer

Smoothie33

He better be grateful for not killing anyone.

nof

Randy will use this embarrassment to become bigger and better than ever before.

It's a good lesson to all of his fans - which include me.

Alcohol can make a bum out of the greatest of Champions - in this case even Randy Travis.

He'll be back - mark my words - he'll be back.

CriticXtreme

Celebrity does have it's privileges. Real people would be bleed dry with fines, fees and worthless DUI classes. DUI=Dollar$ You Initiated to Us and we the Police, Courts and State thank you!

Georgiagirl

Randy Travis has not made a career of this type of behavior. He had a squeaky clean record for forever. I believe he's one of the ones who may use a second chance wisely and not throw it away like some. A lot of people get offered second chances when they have not made a lot of mistakes before. Lindsay Lohan has used up that second chance years ago and now she's just getting away with everything. If he screws up throw him in jail and I'm sure they will. He's not one of the members if the club that will get a stay out of jail not matter what you do card.

blahblahmeme

WTF!!? I remember when he was talking about his wild days of drugs and alcohol at my church, harvest in riverside and how he was "saved" and turned his life around... what the heck is he doing now? ?

RebelAngel

Awwe, My poor Randy Travis, I still love you baby! lol

Cecilia

I don't see this as celebrity justice. Lets hope he does well and doesn't get in trouble again.

bring back recent posts

...I hope he finds inner peace...he is a talent for sure...not into country...but..he was blessed with a unique voice..clearly he is missing something in his life..and I hope he finds it..sucks that the public has too know all this stuff when its embarrassing enuff with family and friends..price u pay I suppose..wish him all the best...!!!!

CorkiDeCat

Hope it works out for him... I wouldn't hold my breath though... he's got a long climb up...

Kookla

He has such an unpleasant face whether drunk or sober. Tipical country hick

CalParkRob

One day; I want to be able to buy a judge .

CalParkRob

I prefer reefer

Mitzymitzy

What a piece of ****.

pimpdaddy

Randy! C'mon, get off the bottle. Call me, I'll help u. U r a great person and u know it. Don't let this **** get the best of u. Holla ...

whatever

Celebrities have a seperate legal system.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments