« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kris Humphries

I'd Miss NBA Playoffs ...

To Screw Kim in Court

2/17/2013 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0216_kris_humphries_kim_kardashian_article
Kris Humphries
is so hell-bent on humiliating Kim Kardashian ... he's willing to screw over his team and risk the NBA championship ... just to face off with her in court.

A judge has set a May 6th trial date for K & K's long-awaited showdown. Kim has wanted a simple divorce for nearly a year-and-a-half, but Kris wants an annulment on grounds she allegedly defrauded him ... he also wants to prove her reality show is fake.

Problem is  ... Kris' team, the Brooklyn Nets, are on track to score a spot in the 2013 Playoffs -- which run from April 20th to June 20th.

Since the trial could last 2-3 days ... Kris has several options:

1. Settle the case BEFORE it goes to trial so he can play in the playoffs.
2. Play in Playoff games but miss the trial. It can go on without him, though it puts him at a handicap.
3. Go to the trial and let his team down

Sources close to Kris tell TMZ ... the NBA'er has already made up his mind -- if the Nets make the playoffs, and the trial falls on game days ... he'll ditch the games.

Now the really stupid part.  There's no way Kris is going to win this trial.  The judge will grant the divorce and Kris will get no money, because of the prenup (and the fact the marriage lasted 72 days).   As for what Kris will risk ... his 2-year, $24 million contract.

What's that saying? Bros before ... ?

0207_kim_kris_happier_times_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Pam

TMZ, please report fairly, and let the chips fall where they may!!!!!

NobodySpecial

Kim can fly to *****ia to co-host some nobody at a concert for two days but she can't sit down in an office near her home for a few hours to do a deposition ?

Hey Kim, what are you afraid of ? Trying to avoid the depo makes you look like you have something to hide.

some guy

Getting screwed is what Kim does best.

Harriet

TMZ, you root for Kim and all of her fmily far too much. Are you on their payrole?
As far as Kris is concerned I agree with his position. The entire wedding was a fraud. A big ugly joke. And he was the butt of the joke. She would have married the grbaage collector if it would have made a big splash on E. I doubt that Kris wants dollars. He just wants his day in court, an annulment to wipe away the sham, and to clear his damaged ego.
Go Kris!!!!!

marge

Hope Kris wins! Enough of the trashy Kardashians. We deserve better!

Danielle123

Honestly, the bias in favor of Kim K in this article is so apparent and sickening. I always knew that TMZ was on their payroll but I think this article takes the cake for the most skewed. The Kartrashians are definitely getting their money's worth.

scoopie

TMZ is concerned that their #1 payup will lose in court and have less to bribe them with for pro-Kardashian crap like this story. Team Kris,

GoPeytonLuck

Dumbest story ever... Kris is a ball player making 12 million a year... He's got money for court and attorney costs... Wants the truth exposed officialy on paper... We all know it was BS...

Jordan

Harvey your research team has really failed Remember Kobe and the Lakers Kobe flew back and fourth from LA to CO everyday for his trial, Kris has already worked it out with the team.

caringhumanbeing

Hello, this is Kris Kardashian, I mean Jenner speaking. I had nothing to do with this and TMZ never contacted me. I have been too busy attempting to keep up with my husbands plastic surgeries. I don't think anyone out there understands how hard it is or how painful it is to attempt to stay young and my sisters, I mean, my daughters and I are rolling our eyes and replacing our ice packs as we read this. (not that we actually get up and replace our own ice packs...Bruce does)

TJ

I hope he gets the annulment! However, it's not going to hurt the miscreant K. family. Their reputations can't possibly get any worse. All this negative publicity just adds to their notoriety. They know exactly how to play everyone-that's how they got where they are. Greatest con artists that ever lived.

robocop

TMZ keeps hammering away at Kris H. (at the request of Kris J,) -- but in demonstrating what a knucklehead this guy is -- it only bolsters the cold, hard fact that only an idiot would marry that pig!! She scraped the bottom of the barrel and found this loser. She was willing to marry anyone to have her fairytale wedding, complete with an E channel 2-part viewing. Pathetic all of them -- including you, TMZ who keeps promoting this low-life family.

TJ

I thought it was a joke- but it turns out to be true!!! NEW YORK POST announced that Kim is the second most hated person on earth! (I'd have to add Kris Jenner to that.) no worries, she will find a way to prosper off of it! LOL!

JustSayin

Really? Does Kris Humphries expect to shock the world or something?! Who DOESN'T know that basically all reality TV shows are fake/staged...?! I hope it ruins his career...

Elle

He was defrauded and the fact that this website flacks for the Kardashians explains the hostility to Humphries.