TLC's 'Starter Wives'

Network Pulled Plug ...

'Cause Ratings SUCKED

2/20/2013 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0219-starter-wives-confidential
TLC's failed reality show "Starter Wives Confidential" -- featuring the exes of 50 Cent, Lamar Odom, DMX, and Funkmaster Flex -- was pulled off the air ONLY because the RATINGS SUCKED ... despite speculations otherwise.

You'll recall, the reality show was cancelled a few days after its Jan. 29 debut. Many believed it was due to a slew of problems plaguing the show -- including 50 Cent's outspoken dislike of his ex's participation.

Even one of the stars, Monica Joseph-Taylor (Flex's ex) was confused by the sudden purge, writing on her blog, "Is it ratings? Is it a change in network direction…or all the outside drama?!"

TMZ obtained a letter -- written from the network to the cast members -- which sets the record straight.

The letter states, "Unfortunately, due to the low ratings, the remaining episodes will not air on TLC, but will be viewable on TLC.com."

It continues, "The decision by TLC isn't personal, although I know it is to you all, and for that we are very sorry.  You ladies gave your all to the show and everyone at TLC is very disappointed that the viewers didn't take this ride with us."

Bean

Just like basketball wives this show was trash!

Just Anthr Commntr

Ugh, I'm so sick of everyone thinking they need a reality show. Go find real jobs. You're irrelevant. Just like your relationships.

Javadude54

The ratings sucked because the show sucked. No mystery there.

DaveT

"If mothers ruled the world there would be no wars" - Sally Field
Sally has obviously never watched any of the reality shows that have the word "Wives" in the title ;D

LC

Thank you Jesus!!!

jenirow

This show was really terrible. I watched part of an episode where they did fifteen minutes of intense arguing because someone touched a box with their foot. A Basketball Wives ripoff with a white girl.

kaddybug

I would rather watch this show then the kardashians, now they really SUCK!

teelv

I watched 5 minutes of this show and thought it was extremely boring and had no idea who any of the women were. Truly nobodies. The women on the VH1 show were actually recognizable. I don't see how these women could be surprised by the cancellation.

baybek8s

People are finally realizing there is no need for grown women to be fighting and setting poor examples for their children. The Basketball Wives franchises,the Love and Hip Hop franchises and Mob Wives should be axed next. Either way I am not watching any of them.

SeeSomethingSaySomething

These shows are pointless. A bunch of dysfunctional, talentless ****s who have nothing to offer the world (no surprise why their relationships failed) sitting around bickering and fighting each other. Why do I need to see that in my TV? And why should I help these stupid ****s get rich?

judy jetson

The show sucked so bad I never heard of it.

5Louie

Yes as marv would say is honey Boo Boo next along with manny more shows. Next bravo Andy clubhouse.

Just Saying

I hope more channels would pull all r

Just Saying

Oops. Let me start again, I hope all the others channels would pull all reality shows with the word wife or wives. THANK YOU TLC.

Dr Samuel Weiscrak

Now if they would just cancel all the other reality TV garbage they spew forth and return to the kind of quality programming they used to produce in the '90s, i might watch TLC again.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments