« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Orel Hershiser

Rocks '88 World Series Ring

... to Dinner!!

3/12/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

031113_orel_hersheser_launch
It's been almost 25 years since Orel Hershiser fireballed the L.A. Dodgers past the Oakland A's in the 1988 World Series ... and this week, he reminded everyone of his former greatness by rocking his championship ring to dinner in Bev Hills.

Orel -- who's now part of ESPN's "Sunday Night Baseball" team -- was out at Madeo with friends this weekend ... when we noticed a large, shiny, blue object on his pitching hand.

Turns out, Orel still believes in showing off the goods in public ... 'cause the bling turned out to be his '88 ring ... and Orel was quick to flash it to the cameras.

On one hand, it's pretty badass ... on the other hand, it's a little Springsteen "Glory Days."

0311_88_dodgers_ring

So, we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Tuna212

Not only jewlery,but history.Very few athletes have any type of Championship ring,especially at the pro level.That's his bling.At least he doesn't wear every piece of real,fake gold he can find.Hell rappers even have gold teethez.

Iceice

He comes into my bar from time to time and is nothing but a classy funny and entertaining guest. He is nothing but nice to everybody and a pleasure to have, great sense of humor and steals our half yards! Rock on with your bad self you deserve it

William j

Orel is the man I remember as a kid watching him toss heat!!

scoopie

Wonder if he'd rather have a WSOP bracelet at this point.

Todd

The other thing is that the ring is sized for a human unlike the newest rings that a giant would feel embarased to wear.

Shawn

He earned it. Wear it with pride.

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

I wear my bowling trophy from '75 as a hat when I go to dinner with the missus. What's the problem? And I don't have to wear pants in public if I don't want to! So there!

In other words:

Most redundant story ever!

Bethy

He's one of the nicer, more down to earth sports figures out there. I'm sure he doesn't wear it all the time. It's a nice looking ring... he earned it. He has every right to wear it. I think a lot of the time when they wear those out like that, it's because it' a special occasion. Or, maybe he just wanted to wear the damn thing. What's he point of having nice jewelry like that and not wearing it once in a while?

Waka Waka Waka

Not only would I wear it out in public id sleep with it also... waka waka wakaaa

Adrianne

My dad still wears his Naval Academy ring and he's 78. That ring represents one of his biggest life accomplishments, and he should be proud.

JuanRambo

If I had a championship ring I would never take it off... I would eat with it, sleep with it, shower with it, **** with it, etc. lol

SNAFU

He earned it. It wasn't gifted to him, he didn't buy it, and only a select few have one. What about all the douchey rappers that wear worse?

moso

He earned it.. Wear it proudly!
I was a MAJOR DODGER FAN during those years and he was one of the best pitchers out there and a nice guy after the games.
Good for him!