Lil Wayne

Released from Hospital

3/19/2013 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0318_lil_wayne_02Lil Wayne said ICU later to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in West Hollywood ... because TMZ has learned he was just released.

Wayne spent 6 days in the hospital -- most of it in the Intensive Care Unit -- after suffering what appears to be a drug OD that triggered a series of massive seizures.

Sources connected with the rapper tell us ... Wayne is feeling weak but he's a lot better. He plans on laying low until he makes a full recovery.

0314_lil_wayne_get_well_footer

NoFactsJustFiller

Where/who is the proof it was an OD?

My sources say that you are just fishing for a scoop.

BostonLaw

If he is an addict then he needs treatment. Wishing a person dead that has an illness is ridiculous. Jealous of his bank account? What makes a stranger hate a person so much that the wish him death?

Marie

Is TMZ going to apologize for basically saying that he was dead 3 days ago?

lovesosa21

Oh really dont wish death upon none because you dnt want nobody to wish death upon u and lil wayne gonna do what he wanba do just like everyone in the world when he get tired oh an trust & believe me he will go to rehab he do needs to stop

mebrat24

gee Friday he was on his death bed with tubes helping him breath, rites given and now he is out. Does any one else think this was bull chit story that KMZ made up.

Dunkindoe

Is that a picture of him leaving the hospital?

Coupe09

Go to rehab my friend...

Lisa Fazio

Oh thank God! Praise Jesus! You have been given another chance! Please go to rehab!

stef

Wow, you're off to a horrific week, huh TMZ? First you killed this guy off-you had his mom flying across country to pull the plug on him, then you cackled nonstop about Lindsay definitely not taking a plea deal and getting in trouble for arriving late today. Guess what...plea deal struck-the very one you said was NOT going to happen and in NO trouble for being late. You're 0 for 2!

SoWhat

Instead of "laying low" how about you quit taking the drugs? Geez, these idiots get some money and some fame and they all go right to the drugs and kill themselves thinking it won't kill them because they're "famous".

Lizzy

Hydrocodone,Codeine etc etc are Opiates and those are the hardest to get off of. I do not like his Music , I do not like him but I do wish him and anyone else who's struggling with this. I have been on Hydrocodone for over 3 years but I do take it as described and only as directed.Either way I know if I suddenly stop it would not be a nice feeling for me at all. I am scared to death od wothdrawls but I know people have gone through and came out on top. I feel for him only because he is completely abusing this types of Medicine (codeine) that is intended for people who really need it. I swear they will start banning Opiates (prescribed) because of deaths associated with the abuse. This WILL ruin it for people who truly need it. So I do not wish death on anyone who does have a Pain Killer Addiction.

HubbaRocks

I sure hope he doesn't fill a jug full of sizzurb and 'drank' the whole thing, then start convulsing and pooping himself, then slip into a coma. Ultimately becoming brain dead and getting his food from a tube and pissing in a bag and needing a 24 hour nurse to give him enemas to relieve his bowels. I hope that doesn't happen.

Lisa Fazio

I pray that you go to rehab! We love you!

It's Dave

I hope he gets help, but sadly I don't think he will. The dude needs to grow the hell up and appreciate what he has been given. He is throwing away his life in such a idiotic manner than it actually pisses me off. God damn it, Wayne.

zombie