Reese Witherspoon Arrest

DASH CAM VIDEO

Crazier Than You Thought!

5/3/2013 9:45 AM PDT UPDATED: 5/3/2013 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

VideoLaunch
update_bar
10:30 AM PT
-- And just when you thought it couldn't get any better ... we just posted more video.

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
wasn't kidding when she told GMA she was "saying all kinds of crazy things"  ... and TMZ has obtained the entire, unbelievably entertaining dash cam video.

The footage, obtained from law enforcement sources, shows the officer arresting Reese's husband Jim Toth for DUI in the early morning hours of April 19.

Reese -- who since admitted she was hammered at the time -- decided to butt in during the arrest ... and the officer obviously wasn't having it and cartoonishly enforced the law with a vengeance.

In fact, the cop warned Reese several times to sit down and be quiet so he could focus on Jim -- Witherspoon didn't exactly comply.

Instead, Reese got in the officer's face ... and annoyed him to the point that he arrested her for disorderly conduct. Here are some of Reese's finest quotes during the incident:

Reese: "Do you know my name sir?"
Officer: "Don't need to know."
Reese "You don't NEED to know my name?"
Officer: "Not quite yet."
Reese: "YOU'RE ABOUT TO FIND OUT WHO I AM!"

Reese: "I have done nothing against the law."
Officer: "Yes you did, you didn't obey my orders."
Reese: "I HAVE TO OBEY YOUR ORDERS??"

Reese: "I'm now being arrested and handcuffed??"

Reese: "I'm an American citizen ... I'm allowed to stand on American ground."

Reese: "You better not arrest me."

Reese: "I'm being anti-American?"
Officer: "Yes, please sit down."
Reese: "Wow!"

Reese: "You're harassing me as an American citizen"

And the best line -- "I'm obstructing your justice?"

After Reese's tirade, Jim actually told the cop, "I'm sorry, I had nothing to do with that!"

During the arrest, Reese also told the cop she was pregnant and needed to pee.  She later confessed on "GMA" that she panicked and said "crazy things" because her husband was being arrested.

050213_witherspoon_dash_3_launch_v2Funny moment during the bust ... the officer instructs Toth to blow hard during a breathalyzer test -- coaching him along the way, "Blow! blow! blow! blow! blow! blow! blow!"

But Toth blew TOO HARD ... and the cop had to do the whole thing all over again.

LAUNCH
We broke the story ... Reese pled no contest to Physical Obstruction of Another and Jim pled guilty to DUI.

Hanapana

And NOW...she's embarassed.

Timmy Boy

HUSBAND:
"I'm sorry. I had nothing to do with that."

Classic

Regina

Damn. Her husband threw her DIRECTLY under the bus without hesitation. Nice. Wonder how she feels after watching THAT?!

Az Heat

She was interfering with what the officer was doing. It's procedure to gain control of the situation and that's exactly what he did. Her name and who she is is totally irrelevant because he was staying focused on the drunk driver standing in front of him! He did it by the book and celebrities think they are God and they are not and not everyone knows every celebrity!

Kimberley

Crazier than I thought?!?!

Are you kidding TMZ!?
You call THAT crazy?
And you cover celebrities!?

I'm so confused...
That was mellowing uncrazy..
Never seen anyone buzzed? Heard them?

Fail Tmz... FAIL!

milly5

Her husband went out like a -itch at the end. Where the loyalty to your wife? I had nothing to do with that?? oh no, you were driving her first of all. Oh with his head!!!

lobbi

Even if she had a "few too many" drinks, it doesn't excuse her obnoxious, obstructive behavior. She was acting like a Diva - Her attitude was: "I'm rich & I can get away w/ anything I want" - she's an ass-clown. And if her husband was MY agent, I would ask for a new Agent - one that's NOT an alcoholic. We'll no longer spend a dime on any movie she appears in or product she endorses - money out of her pocket & HER HUSBAND'S.

MetsFan

This probably isn't the first time, just the first time they've been CAUGHT. Hope they don't kill some innocent person next time.

JiLL1

How embarrassing. She's acting like someone on the show Cops

Mike

I thought that Reese's interview today on Good Morning America went about as well as she could have hoped. Let's face it, she's a likable kind of actress.

Over the years, I've noticed that some of the nicest, down to earth sober women sometimes get ornery, jealous, and mean when they drink too much.

It's a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing. Reese wasn't all that bad in this video compared to some drunken, out of control women I've seen.

Bmorecurlyguy

Not even remotely crazy tmz u ****ing suck at reporting and tell stories like a 12 ur old girl.

edouble63

What in the hell is wrong with you people...this is a cop putting someone under arrest because they broke the LAW...Nooooo you DO NOT have the RIGHT to say anything about that process...American, French, Cuban, Alien from Mars. Clearly they showed professionalism in processing him...she should have kept her mouth shut and taken it up with the Judge...oh wait, thats what HE was doing...wow...what happens when you talk smack to cop...oh no...I'm an American...ok mamn I'm sorry I didn't know you were an American I'm sorry I stopped you, please proceed to drive recklessly throughout the city...really...

Vote2012

Just another day in sweet home Alabama, or I should say Atlanta.

Toilethead

What a dumbass.

Mike

I wonder why there weren't any other cops around during this DWI stop. Usually there's a another cop who comes to help out.

This cop could have called another cop on his radio and he probably would have been there in a few minutes to make sure Reese was behaving herself during the arrest.