« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Rampage Jackson

Rival MMA Deal After UFC

It's a 'Dream Come True'

6/4/2013 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0604-rampage-bellator
Former UFC fighter Rampage Jackson is BACK -- officially signing a brand new deal with TNA wrestling and rival MMA company Bellator ... and he tells TMZ, the new contract blows his UFC deal out of the water.

Rampage tells TMZ, "When you look at my deal in the UFC, and the scope of what my deal with Bellator and TNA is, this is a dream come true."

He adds, "When other fighters get the chance to see everything I'm able to do with this deal and the benefits it provides, you're going to see a big change in MMA. I guarantee it."

Rampage left the UFC earlier this year on bitter terms ... telling us, the UFC treated him like crap and screwed him over financially. UFC honcho Dana White shot back, implying Rampage was an overpaid wash-up.

Under his new multi-year deal with Spike TV, Rampage will compete in Bellator and also appear on TNA's "Impact Wrestling." He also gets a reality show. So far, no word on how much he's getting paid.

As for his old boss, White just sent us this statement: “Good for him. I couldn’t be happier for him. I hope he is happy. And good luck to him.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mike L

King Mo was an EPIC failure, so may as well try somebody else for both companies. Rampage is as good as anyone.

timsmithesg

Life is so lonely .I am a single and rich man at present .I need a woman who can love me back .I also uploaded my hot photos on..RichŴoo.Com..under the name of Craig=. it's where for meeting successful rich men & classy mature women, who are searching for their special someone.Please Check it out!I’m serious.dgdfgsdfg

EMB

More money to fight lower skilled fighters, big deal. Rampage wins if money is the only important thing.

tgrfan42069

dana is a prick he doesnt give the fighters what they deserve.

Raging_Demons

So this is the "Free Agent" signing that TNA President Dixie Carter mentioned on Twitter eh?

Aero

just curious, anyone know how much he actually made off The A-Team? and how much he made for a title fight he won? Just curious.

OooooNooo!

Why didn't TMZ ask him about Oral Sex? He's not British.

Kobe_No_Means_No

Every time I watch this ni99a he gets knocked out... no more.

Tony Montana

Dana White and the Fertitta brothers are making tons of money from their fighters yet paying them very little. Why do they keep the fighters salaries private? The fighters cannot speak up because the UFC is a monopoly. UFC fighters risk their lives and should be compensated for it like all other athletes.

Tony Montana

Dana White

Tony Montana

Dana White and the Fertitta brothers are making millions of dollars off their fighters yet paying them very low. Why does the UFC keep their fighters salaries private? The fighters cannot complain because the UFC is a monopoly. The fighters put their lives on the line when fighting and should be well compensated like most other athletes.

mus

So, Bellator+TNA+reality show = more money than he was getting from UFC? I would hope so.

LOLOL

The UFC is soooo washed up. All of their fights are boring, even the lame knockouts are boring. Any long time fan can't stand this crap anymore. Only people who like it are now are a$$hol3s.

Caruth13

Good for him. Also since people are bashing the pay of fighters think about this, why do we pay athletes so much more money than we pay our people that serve in any branch of the military, police officers or school teachers. I think all athletes should be paid accordingly, but it seems as though that number is never enough.

Mike

When you are a train wreck of a person, you get a reality TV show. Rampage, welcome to Honey Boo Boo land. You'll be well paid, but accomplish very little.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments