Erin Brockovich

... a Boat!!!

6/9/2013 1:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0608_erin_brockovich_article_getty

update_bar
Brockovich
just released the following statement:

“I apologize for my actions Friday evening. After a day in the sun and with nothing to eat it appears that a couple of drinks had a greater impact than I had realized. It is very important to note that I was not operating the boat in open waters, I was moving it within its own slip. At no time was the boat away from the dock and there was no public safety risk. That being said, I take drunk driving very seriously, this was clearly a big mistake, I know better and I am very sorry."

gray-bar-update

Erin Brockovich
-- who was famously immortalized by Julia Roberts in the movie about her life -- was arrested in Las Vegas on Friday for allegedly operating her boat while under the influence ... TMZ has learned.

The Nevada Department of Wildlife tells TMZ one of their game wardens observed Brockovich (now Brockovich-Ellis following her marriage in 1999) struggling to dock her boat at Lake Mead, just outside Boulder City.

When the warden attempted to offer assistance, he noticed she "exhibited several signs of an intoxicated boater." The cop conducted an investigation and subsequently arrested Brockovich for OUI (operating under the influence).

A law enforcement source tells TMZ that Brockovich's blood alcohol content was almost twice the legal limit of .08.

Brockovich was taken to Clark County Detention Center. We're told she was cooperative during the investigation and arrest.

chunkydough

You can kill somebody with a boat while drunk?

BaadBoy

She's got nothing to worry about, she's got a good lawyer.

rizzzz

Who cares! She has a movie about her! Lol!!

jarhead333

Gay

cari

Hmm.... I wonder if she spent all that money she STOLE from the 'clients' she helped? Oh, people didnt know she later stole the settlement money she won, well the lying b*tch did.

6one9

TMZ is really on their A GAME this week end!!
NOT!!!!

KARMA K

Can't stand drunk drivers! Celebrity or not! It's so selfish of that person to put so many people in danger or worse!

Laughing at celebrities is fun.

She had a case all but won handed to her and they make a movie about this ho. How stringent are nevada dui laws. I hope she sit in jail for awhile.

Ace

She will claim the water her boat was in was contaminated, leached into her blood stream, and gave a false positive on her blood alcohol reading.

cari

SHE IS A THEIF AND A FRAUD! That stupid movie made her look good and not like the thief she is. She later stole that money she got for the victims! she's trash, good to see her acting like it!

Chuck

She needs jail time.

Radio Ninja

So I guess we'll have a sequel soon. Perfect timing. Her life is in the tank and so is Julia Roberts' career.

TT

So what is the procedure to test her Boat "UI"? Make her boat drive on a straight line?

Thssnuts

Tight sweaters and short skirts can't fix all problems. Didn't like that movie anyhow. Giant step BACKwards for women.

obvious

How did she still thier settlements

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments