'Battlefield America' Director

Ordered to Pay $10,000 for

Crappy Movie Experience

6/16/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0427_battlefield_america_article
Just when you thought that epic dance movie flop "Battlefield America" couldn't lose any more money ... the film's director has just been ordered to pay $10,000 for screwing over one of the flick's investors.

As TMZ first reported, director Chris Stokes was sued in small claims court by a single mother, who claimed she invested $10,000 in his movie ... believing she'd be repaid in 30 days ... but the money was never returned to her.

Lo and behold, Stokes blew off her lawsuit -- and earlier this week, a judge entered a default judgment in the woman's favor, awarding her the $10,000 plus court costs.

It's another crippling financial blow to the filmmakers -- who dumped a reported $15 million into the picture, which later raked in only $172,000 in theaters.

The woman tells TMZ, “I simply want Christopher Stokes and team to make things right and pay what they owe me."

Stokes tells us the case eventually dismissed his name from the claim adding ..."It is very unfortunate that my name was falsely brought into this situation. It's even more unfortunate that a person would try to damage my name and reputation in such a way."

He adds ... "I am just glad the judge realized the false nature of the claims, dismissed the case and removed my name from this case altogether. My name has been falsified many times in the press and I work hard to fight these types of situations because of my love for my children and family. I had nothing to do with whatever happened and I'm glad that the parties involved were able to settle their differences."

my2cents

Caucasians imitating what Africans have been doing for years. No wonder it flopped.

bigfranklittle

Once a crook always a crook, glad she got her money write that name down if you are in the entertainment industry!

cobrazombie

I thought it was a prequel to that crappy $cientologist movie Battlefield Earth.

Celeb Gossip Addict

It does my heart good to hear that serial pedophile Chris Stokes lost money. I hope he keeps losing it until he's homeless. Marques Houston needs to stop working with him because I'm starting to wonder if he is now a victim turned molester.

BigMunKnee

My GAWD!!!! I can't believe, and I'm TOTALLY P.O.'ed @ myself for even sitting through that 2-minute preview!!!!

Now THAT was an original idea/movie!! (sarcasm) A movie about dancing & crews & underdogs & battling. That hasn't been done around (LITERALLY) 20 TIMES in the last 10 years or so!! Should rake in MILLION$ upon MILLION$ of $$$$$!!

Thanks a lot TMZ!!! Wish I could get that 2 minutes of my life back. **sigh**

Rusty Shackleford

hmm, i guess its no surprise then that i've never heard of this movie.

Spicy mag

Did M Knight direct this?

CriticXtreme

If there were no hidden agendas, secret societies, 13 family bloodlines and other shena****ns, maybe just maybe, the world's issues could be solved by having dance offs. Ha!

Exclusive

The southpark guys did the same thing years ago with a $50 budget.

helen

Is this the same chris stokes accused of molestation? Is it the same dude who says 'I don't do that stuff anymore' when confronted on the phone by Ricky Romance for assaulting him and his brother??? Just curious. Hollywood seems to like its pedo's lol

konphidential

Shows how stupid and gullible Hollywood thinks the american public really is! I remember watching the previews to this crap asking myself "Who sits through a friggen dance movie?"

Deebeezy

You must be mistaken TMZ! This movie DID NOT cost $15M....more like $150K. Get your facts straight! Lol