J. Cole

Gun-Toting Twitter Fan

Investigated By Police

6/19/2013 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0619-jcole-tweet-twitter-j-cole
The idiot who blackmailed rapper J. Cole on Twitter yesterday -- by threatening to kill his little sister if J. Cole didn't retweet him -- is now being investigated by police, TMZ has learned.

A rep for the New Braunfels Police Department in Texas tells us, they have opened an investigation into the 19-year-old responsible for the tweet ... after the picture (showing the fan aiming a gun at his sister's face) was brought to their attention.

The rep says the teenager in question "is cooperating and it seems this was just a bad lapse in judgment." Police say the gun in the picture is a BB gun, not an actual handgun.

The rep adds, "For now this is still an open investigation, and for the time being no charges are being filed."

As for the teenager -- we spoke to the kid, and he has profusely apologized for sending the message, telling us, "I'd like to apologize to America for the photo and to put J. Cole in that position. It was all a joke."

He added, "It was an unloaded BB gun and my sister was in on it. I only tweeted it because I didn't expect a response. Mr. Cole please don't sue me. I want to formally apologize more to J. Cole and yeah my mom made me delete my twitter until I fixed it.”

So there you have it. DON'T BE STUPID, KIDS.

Jay W.

Silly douche...

Azi

Is this behavior a result of listening to rap ?

Umadbro?!?!

This is a wtf moment i hope the law do somethin

RachesRules

Twitter and Facebook will destroy the world.

jdub

Hmmm 19 years old thinking that threatening to shoot your sister in the face is funny and mad that your mommy because she took away your twitter account...Wow... Expect to see this kid in your local McDonald's drive thru soon, if he's not in jail.

iKShawk

The idiot should still go to jail..... Maybe he'll learn a thing or two

Create Education Better

At least he owned up to his mistake which is more than can be said about Sheen, Bynes, Lohan, any Kardashian and/or Kanye, etc. etc. etc...

Aaron

I grew up in New Braunfels and sit here shaking my head at the stupidity...

News Flash

The little girl needs help! What is wrong with Brother!

Donka Do Ball

If only that was Bieber in the blue dress . . .

jill

I think charges ARE needed. this is NOT funny

just_sayin'

He needs more than just getting his twitter account deleted. Maybe some jail time and/or therapy would help.

News Flash

He needs a swift kick in the A$$!

HRH Prince Michael

"In My Life, I've witnessed no greater Oppressor than those who once screamed "Oppression!" the loudest and I've heard no plea for "Mercy"", than from the once merciless"
HRH Prince Michael of The House of David

The Declaration of 2008:
The Final Declaration (2009):
HRH Prince Michael:
www.flickr.com/photos/72265268@N08

Carrie

Surprised and glad that the police are investigating this loser.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments