Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2071 COMMENTS

Collette

I wonder if the Food Network would have handed down the same fate to a Black celebrity chef who had admitted to using 'cracker' or 'honky' in the past ? I THINK NOT !!

mugadoon

What a witch hunt. I can't stand her, but this is absolute crap.

dierdre

So happy to hear this fat disgusting, ignorant bitch got fired. She's got a big mouth. She should have kept her trap SHUT. I'm only hoping she regret's what she said. Time for her to retire anyway. Never liked this slob, never will.

kre

wow you would think a woman who spent so much time in the sun baking trying to become darker would love black people...or maybe she's jealous because all that tanning has only made her oranger. Isn't that an oxymoron to be an over tanned racist?

Teresa

You all are a bunch of hypocrites. To subject her to such treatment over something that happened in the past years is ridiculous. I will never watch anything else on The Food Network. She was willing to admit that at one time she was socially incorrect. You holier than thou hypocrites have probably said or thought the same thing. Shame on you.all.

phil osopher

She just learned the hard way that there are consequences for your actions. I agree with this.

cementmixer

Goodbye food network.

shell

This is over the top of being political correct! If ANYONE on the Food network could, without lying, say they had NEVER used a racial slur lightening would strike them during in the next storm. Even the racially slurred use racial slurs and our right to freedom of speech is being eroded every time some one person get thing "their way!" Soon it will be "terrorist, whitey, tea-party, black, muslim, alien," ad infinitum. Oh, sorry, some of these are already on the list!?

jensen

SHE IS A BIG PHONY...never bought her down home bull...and AS WELL THEY SHOULD! She meant what she said and no apology can hide that fact! Apologies after the fact only come when these celebs get criticized..otherwise she never would have mouthed the words "I'M SORRY" because it is not sincerely coming from her heart...just a damage control PR move..which DID NOT WORK THIS TIME!

dorism

N-word??? I'm still puzzle on this "slavery, butler, servants party she was talking about!! The good ole days??? Before Civil War?? I know where I stand in her eyes now

Marta

The only bad thing about it is she said it on the air. You know how many people use N-word or white honky, etc.. each day/hour/minute. She screwed up by saying it on the air. She should have waited until she got in the car. If we all went around saying the N-word or white racist words/Hispanic words out loud we would all be having knife or gun scars. Sticks and stones may break out bones but names will never hurt us.
I don't believe she should have been fired just suspended for a while.

Michael

It's AXE

Collette

Hannah

What about fat Ina G?She refused to cook along side a little sick boy.

Jussme

OMG people, get over it. Paula admitted to saying the word a long time ago. Who cares?? If everything everyone said in the privacy of their own home 24/7 was made public, we'd ALL be in trouble.