Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2071 COMMENTS

Ugotshook

Ok y'all! I'm a 30 year old black man..... With 3 half black half white babies! And my mom accepts my beautiful children..... But my wife's mother...... Doesn't even want to see her grand babies....... Is that wrong?

Breaking Bones

there you go...
Proof it doesn't pay to be honest!
either way.....with an R or A ENDING
same, same....but different?
i think...NOT!

Ugotshook

I say....... Hang that white devil!

str8edgewriter

Democrats founded the KKK. Republicans, of which MLK and rosa parks were members, freed the slaves. Easily searchable facts. Thank a liberal for poor race relations.

Melly

This lady is a whack job.

str8edgewriter

TMZ deleting comments that don't fall in line w their liberal agenda while allowing racist blacks to spew hatred , unedited. Cowards.

Veracity

I don't approve of the n word. It hurts peoples feelings. That's the bottom line.

But if what she says about just saying it in reference to someone who held a gun to her head..is true...I think we can all agree that just about any insult you can think of is appropriate...in that case. Without regard to race color creed ethnicity or parents marital status... :-)

exlax

she needs to bake them some waterrmolon, chicked fried chicken and greens

julie

They should have kept her...what would the blacks have done?? Riot and burn down their own neighborhoods?? Good riddance. So sick of hearing them cry and piss and moan about what the "white man" did to them. They gotta try and attack a 70 year old white woman for comments made years ago, but they don't have a problem using the word on their own people....pretty damn sad. Am I racist??? YEAH just as racist as YOU are.

mary

i dont use the word, but i have yet to meet anyone black, white, mexican, middle eastern and asian who doesnt use races terms about another race. they all have people they dont like, or respect. it is a two way street, you cant say remarks (even joking) about other people and thank they shouldnt say them about you. its not alright for one group to shout racism, when they are themselves. it isnt just in america, its been that way since the begining of time, not just black and white. wrong, but its the truth.

JEN

If she was black it would have been fine but since she is white everyone has an issue with it....people need to grow up if you want to be treated equal the quit whining about every little thing that happens!,,, everyone talks about people inappropriately you just don't get caught. Grow up!,, if ll cool j called mc hammer one none of this would have been said. Be proud of who you are and stop the childish **** the is 2013.....

Ugotshook

You pink booty sons of bitches!

Say Cheese

I prefer cats to dogs. PC or no? The pussification of America is so rampant I'm not sure if that's ok or not. FAIL!

Ugotshook

But I do love banging me some white woman! That's how I got my 3 Lil mixed babies! Wit her pink booty! I love my Lil n*gga Luva! She love her black mamba too!

rebroxanna

If Paula Dean is so racist, why was a black woman her manager in the first place? I think we need more information here? If offensive things were done or said AND the plaintiff expressed her discomfort, that's one thing. Or did she play along in order to trap this rich and famous family?

Previous 15 Comments | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments